10lb in 10days

Options

Replies

• Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A good piece of shape wear can make you look as if you lost ten pounds, I'd recommend that.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to loose 10pounds in 10days. Any suggestions ? Tips? Is it even possible. I'm 173 now, I would like to get down to 163. Help!!

My tip is to not rush and do it right and keep it off long term.
    Losing 1 pound a week is a healthier goal.
    Put your numbers in MFP, set it for losing 1 pound a week, eat the calories you are given, and be patient.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10 pounds to go I'd suggest losing 1 pound a week not 1 pound a day. To lose one pound you have to have a deficit of 3,500 calories. That's not feasible in one day.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first poster - if you're that desperate to lose 10lbs in 10 days, you should have started sooner. I'm assuming it's for an upcoming event or other personal reason. Weight loss takes time; I'm lucky and super excited to lose 2lbs in a week. It's possible to lose more than that, but 10lbs? You'll suffer, be miserable and possibly put it all back on within a short matter of time.

But! You could lose a couple of pounds in that time frame, if that helps.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You could drop water weight - but that'll come back on in 1 meal

Actually aiming for fat loss, and not just scale manipulation, you might drop 2-3lbs Week 1/2 then 1lb a week each subsequent week .. giving you more like a 7-10 week timeframe

this

and why in 10 days anways?

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Just because you lose 10lbs does not mean it will be in the places you want. My gut is the last place to lose any inches.

If you are trying to fit into clothing, like a dress, I recommend paying for some good shapeware as a PP suggested. A good corset can really shave off some inches.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    At your present weight, not too likely, but start today, in a few months, you will be glad you did.
    I lost 40 pounds the first 2 months, but I had a lot to lose, and it took me 20 months to lose 160#
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »
    A good piece of shape wear can make you look as if you lost ten pounds, I'd recommend that.

+1. OP, you don't say why the deadline. However, if it's for some event where you have to fit into something, the right undergarment will do wonders to flatter your figure.

Otherwise, if not for a special event, and you've just set a grand goal--it's not possible to lose the weight in such short order and be pleased with the result (in the mirror--where it REALLY counts). Slow it down, lose responsibly with realistic goals, and you'll be much happier with what you see your body become.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Nope. Should have started a while ago.

1st off this post will not be considered an abuse as per MFP guidelines.

When you flag an abuse you userid gets recorded and is sent along with the post to MFP Moderators.

If MFP Moderator's time is lost over a silly issue (as in this scenario) they'll come back at you and can warn you with points. In short it'll back fire.

If I were you I would unflag the "abuse" just for the sake of my id.

It's not worth it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Nope. Should have started a while ago.

What the person meant to say was why you trying to lose it in 10 days. What happens in ten days? Now for the above quote. LOL

• runner475
    Options
    It may happen but it will be all water weight which will come back very easily.

I understand you want to target your Fat % and lower your body fat. That needs a strategy and planning and lot more than 10 days.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I agree with the shapewear! I have one that brings me down a full 2 sizes. Its restrictive and uncomfortable though, so I only wear it under formal dresses.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Shapewear + Better posture and properly fitting clothes (NOT too small!!!) and a properly fitted bra (hint: get measured by a seriously looking older woman with cat-eye glasses. Do NOT go to Victorias Secret or try to get a fit like they show in their ads...their models are always wearing poorly fitted bras because BOOBS. They'd all look like lactating sows in a tee shirt) makes all the difference.

10 pounds of fat? That's roughly a 2-3 month endeavor, working hard.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the spanx.

I hope the OP comes back and answers why she wants to lose so fast. I'm amazed by the reasons sometimes. Does anyone remember the topic from a few weeks ago where a young woman needed to show an overbearing parent that she had lost a certain amount of weight when she actually hadn't? I think she took the advice to take a photo of her bathroom scale while pressing down with her hands on something.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

I hope the OP comes back and answers why she wants to lose so fast. I'm amazed by the reasons sometimes. Does anyone remember the topic from a few weeks ago where a young woman needed to show an overbearing parent that she had lost a certain amount of weight when she actually hadn't? I think she took the advice to take a photo of her bathroom scale while pressing down with her hands on something.

I remember that thread.....that was an interesting one to say the least.
  • runner475
    Options

Is it a prom season? Or like someone above said "Spring Break"?
  • britishaa27
    Options
    Hey! Thanks everyone and I want to for spring break. But it's not a necessity. I guess I had big dreams lol. I've already lost a good amount and down enough to where I feel comfortbale wearing a bikini, I just want my stomach to be a bit more flat. 10 pounds may be excessive. I've lost 10 lb in the past month though.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Oh, belly flattening is a tall order, as so many on here can tell you. Check out the "so you want a nice stomach" thread for long term advice...

That's great that you are feeling good in your bathing suit! Keep doing what you're doing and try to focus more on swimming and beach volleyball than eating and boozing on Spring Break, and you'll keep progressing!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks everyone and I want to for spring break. But it's not a necessity. I guess I had big dreams lol. I've already lost a good amount and down enough to where I feel comfortbale wearing a bikini, I just want my stomach to be a bit more flat. 10 pounds may be excessive. I've lost 10 lb in the past month though.
    Just stick with what you are doing and continue to lose the weight as normal.