Nike + ipod

Options
Does anyone use the Nike + ipod? I would love to have some friends and challenges? I am all new at this and not sure how this all works.

Replies

• rhonswan
    rhonswan Posts: 26
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. can't answer your question as i just upgraded to an actual Ipod and trying to figure it out myself, maybe we can do that together!!!

Rhonda
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I hope to get mine next pay period! :happy: Right now I'm just using a pedometer on my phone.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone and just got the nike sensor. My shoes don't have the special spot for the sensor, but I bought the pouch to attach it to my shoe. I haven't used it too much. I tried to use it at my aerobics class, but that didn't work too well. It told me I only burned 34 cals in an hour workout. Guess it is strickly for walking or running. I will use it a bit more and let you know what I find.
  • XXMichelleXX
    Options
    My shoew don't have a special spot either. I just put it under my sole. Is that not right?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My shoew don't have a special spot either. I just put it under my sole. Is that not right?

Yeah, that's fine! They also make a pouch to put on top of your laces. I don't know how accurate that would be though, *shrug*. I need to remember to get an arm case for my iPod too 'cause mine never stays put when it's in my pocket. Too far from my earbuds and then they yank out! GRR!

How accurate have you guys found the calorie burn to be? 'Cause I might just skip the Nike+ and only get a HRM if the calories are going to be off, 'cause that's mainly what I want it for...
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ if you would like to add me as a friend here and Nike+. I could use a little more running in my life. I love the challenges.

I used the pouch for awhile now and it worked just fine. Now, I have Nike+ shoes and they are great, nice and comfy but on the expensive side.
  • philpowell
    Options
    Hi guys, I've had nike+ for about a year and used a velcro pouch from amazon and i've never had a problem with it. They do need calibrating on a treadmill. I'll start a new thread with a Nike+ MFP challenge if anyones in !?!? I've found that it has to be invite only or you end up with a load of random people who seem to run half marathons everyday !!

My users: PP99 on nike+ if anyone wants to add me.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've had nike+ for about a year and used a velcro pouch from amazon and i've never had a problem with it. They do need calibrating on a treadmill. I'll start a new thread with a Nike+ MFP challenge if anyones in !?!? I've found that it has to be invite only or you end up with a load of random people who seem to run half marathons everyday !!

My users: PP99 on nike+ if anyone wants to add me.

I thought the instructions say to NOT calibrate it on a treadmill since your stride changes.
  • philpowell
    Options
    They did but couldnt think of an a more accurate way to mark out a mile. I've done quite a few official 10k runs and it is about 150-200m out on the road which could be partialy made up of zig-zagging and the approach to the start line. It seems to tally up with mapmyrun.com also so i'd recommend treadmill calibration.