Tired of being the big girl. 24/f/300

Options

Replies

• hrichards1329
    Options
    Hi Reepir, I started at 322 pounds and I am down to 282. It is a long road but if we all encourage one another we will do this. I myself would like to lose another 130 pounds. mfp has been a big help to me and I login more then once a day, everyday. Keep track of calories and another thing is push the water. I have been told you need to drink half your body weight in ounces. ( 300 pounds should drink 150 ounces of water) it sounds rough but it is doable, Good Luck with your life style change.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Before you start following any diet plan.. Take note what you eat everyday for 1 few days then when you find out what's wrong in your diet, then you should start from there.

This is so important! You may be disgusted, upset at yourself, whatever.. but it is so important to eat like normal and log it so you can see the impact now and not on some random cheat day.

My advice, don't auto-follow the macros/goals MFP gives you. MFP people know their stuff, but they don't know YOU. Research is your best friend! You *will* find what's best for you. Take note of any medical disorders first and foremost. Some may have a large effect on weight loss. If you don't know of any, go to the doctor to make sure. The last thing, and hardest thing, is to stay positive. I suck at it, but none of my friends have left me yet!

Good luck, OP! :flowerforyou:
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I WAS OVER 300 LBS WHEN I STARTED. I WILL SEND YOU A FR AND SUPPORT YOU ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!!
    IF YOUR MIND IS MADE UP, NOTHING CAN STOP YOU!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :happy:
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Reepir! I have only been here a little over a month, but logging everything that goes into your body is key!!

I have lost 19 lbs so far, and I still have about 100 lbs to go. If you want to add me feel free....we can tackle this "fluff" monster together!
  • whenshadowsremain17
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me also. I'm 312 right now and feel the same way you do!
  • RickyLuvsMary4ever
    RickyLuvsMary4ever Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I am kicking my own behind and whipping myself in to shape.

I started this at 320 and now 276 so I know what a battle it can be... to start.

When you are our size you must start with your mind! Re framing your mind and the way you think about yourself.

That's the hard part, after that the body will follow and do what it needs to do effortlessly!

I have some PDF books for you to read if your are interested too.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I started at 288lbs. You can do this! Log everything religiously. Every Day. Without fail............. :)
  • Vness813
    Vness813 Posts: 24
    Options
    WELCOME! You can add me :) I'm new to the MFP but love it so far as the food logs are VERY important for me. I do add everything that I eat religiously....it keeps me accountable and I stop to think....do I really want to put this on my food diary? :) I also just made mine viewable so if I ask for advise, people will know what to look at to assist me.

You can DO this!!! There's lots of support here and knowing you're not alone is key. LET'S GET THIS! :happy:
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck with everything! Feel free to add me :)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me; what you described is exactly how I feel.

I'm 23/f/230, looking to lose 60 +/- pounds. I log every day!
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and I started at 335. I am only 7 lbs down, but it is a start! I also had thyroid issues, so bad that it had to be removed!

I am always looking for friends and log my food every day. Feel free to add me and I wish you the best!
  • Lachesis
    Lachesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey I am in Mesa. I am twice your age. but I hear ya! Wish I could help with the high impact exercises. I need to find/do low impact due to arthritis.

~Rachel
    Hello everyone! My name is Reepir and I am in need of some friends to help me through what will be a very uphill battle for myself. I am over 300 pounds at the moment and I feel sick to my stomach any time I look in the mirror. I am dedicated to losing the weight and losing it for good. This is not a diet but a change to my lifestyle. I need to be a better me.

I'm 24 and live in the Tempe area of Phoenix. I need some suggestions for planning my meals and high impact exercises.
  • Lachesis
    Lachesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go! Go! Go! :) Woooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I am 26 and I started at 335. I am only 7 lbs down, but it is a start! I also had thyroid issues, so bad that it had to be removed!

I am always looking for friends and log my food every day. Feel free to add me and I wish you the best!
  • jasmineloses
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on taking the first step. Reaching out is the best thing you can do. I'm 23/f and I started at 301 lbs. I've only been on MFP for a little over a month but I'm down 9 lbs from cutting out the processed junk, logging religiously, and working out 5 or 6 days a week. You can do this!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to better your life. I would start with low impact exercise though and go from there. Lots of lean meats, fruits and veggies. You can eat a lot more and stay full when you eat the right things, no need to starve to lose weight. Good luck and I am sure you will get plenty of advice and support here. Swimming is a great full body, low impact exercise if you have access to a pool or lake or whatever.
  • suthrnrose
    suthrnrose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Reepir! I've been here since the middle of March and have almost reached the 20 pound milestone. I won't lie and tell you it's been easy because it's been a battle all the way. I'm very proud of myself that I've stuck with it this long because I usually get discouraged and quit. I started out at 259 pounds so I sure do understand how you feel. I kept telling myself I would not let myself weigh 300 pounds and I was quickly headed in that direction. So, I decided that I was done with the old me and started my journey to become the new healthier me. I have lost my weight by logging everything into my journal, making better choices about what goes into my body, exercising a lot more (mainly walking), and getting support from my hubby and friends who are also on this journey with me. I am always happy to have more friends for support and I will support you in return. Please add me, if you'd like.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Reepir and everyone else! Feel free to add me! I am tall and all my friends are short and skinny. I am now also overweight so stand out even more! Do add me. My diary is open and I am on a mission to lose 55lbs (was 75 when I started).

Lia
  • bethsell
    bethsell Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Reepir, welcome. I've been here since April 1. The food journal is my best asset. So far I've lost 30 pounds just by changing what I ate and how much. The next step is exercise. I used to think of a million reason why not and now I know the value of why I can. My kids say my attitude is better and my daughter hugged me last week and said "Mom! I can reach all the way around you now!!" It was the best. You can do this. Do it for you and nobody else. You are valuable, you are needed, and you rock!

43317850.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Reepir
    Reepir Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you all for the inspiring stories and helpful words! I have added all of you who offered! If I missed you feel free to add me! I am starting an open diary so I can log what I am doing, changing and going through. I have also updated my profile with contact info outside of MFP which I am willing to communicate on!

I am loving this community feeling and I am ready to do this!

44992263.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Low impact exercise will be a lot easier on your body. Since you will have a pool swimming is good and water aerobics also good. A treadmill will also help I think, I am not sure that is low impact, but probably easier than jogging or running on pavement. And then there are low impact exercises that are done on the floor. You can also modify almost any aerobic exercise to make it low impact. I weigh almost as much now and weighed more than you when I started and I haven't done high impact anything. I may never as I have rheumatoid arthritis. In any case whether you have joint issues or not, starting out it will be easier on you to go low impact and the burn won't be all that much lower since your BMR is going to be higher right now. As you lose you can increase the intensity for a faster burn.