Struggling on 4600kj

Options
Hi, after several weeks of easy losses, my kilojoule allowance has dropped to a point where I find it really hard to feel full even though I eat lots of protein. Evenings are particularly hard when dinner doesn't fill you up. Any suggestions or ideas on how to manage better are much appreciated! :-)

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    4600?!?
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    4600kj is another way of saying 1100 calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    4600?!?

4600 kj = 1099 calories.

OP, you're not eating enough and can eat far more and still lose. Are you on iPhone? there's been a glitch lately which puts your calorie goal stupidly low.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a very tiny and extremely sedentary person the amount of joules (or calories for the rest of the world) is very (very!) low!
    Who told you to eat so little?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    xeno8604 wrote: »

I am aware. My shock was more at how few calories they were eating. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    xeno8604 wrote: »

I am aware. My shock was more at how few calories they were eating. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Sorry bout that assumption, I was shocked when I found out how much it was after I put it in a calculator myself.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    re-enter your basic settings using the web version of MFP

Seriously MFP have to do something about this glitch - it's incompetence in the extreme not to at least have a warning message
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Seriously MFP have to do something about this glitch - it's incompetence in the extreme not to at least have a warning message

Agreed!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Surely they're leaving themselves open to be sued? I've seen some crazy low calorie allowances in the last couple of weeks. For anyone who doesn't find out via the forums it's bloody dangerous.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and maintaining but I played with it to see what it was doing, and switching to .5lb loss said I needed to eat 900 calories.

Yeah. No.

Op eat more. Mfp is not right.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! That is reassuring! I have been losing 1kg a week since starting ca.5 weeks ago on the settings for losing 0.5kg - of course I was rather pleased to start with, but over the corse of losing 4kg MFP shaved off 1000kj of my daily allowance, which I thought a bit excessive. There's definitely a glitch - although 4600 is still in the healthy range of eating according to the daily summary, the message also warns me I am not eating enough. :-/
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Someone else who uses metric measuments! Woohoo!

4600 isn't terribly high so definitely up that :-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to have your base to a least 1200 and earn more through exercise.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

I agree. I sent them an email asking why it's not being addressed in an announcement, Facebook post, anything but all they said was sorry for the issue, it will be fixed with the next update. The only thing I see here on the forums is when they sometimes say they know about the issue and close the post because it promotes a VLCD.

It makes me wonder, for every post like the OP, how many are just following a very low calorie goal because that's what MFP gave them?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! That is reassuring! I have been losing 1kg a week since starting ca.5 weeks ago on the settings for losing 0.5kg - of course I was rather pleased to start with, but over the corse of losing 4kg MFP shaved off 1000kj of my daily allowance, which I thought a bit excessive. There's definitely a glitch - although 4600 is still in the healthy range of eating according to the daily summary, the message also warns me I am not eating enough. :-/

You really don't have too much more to lose--even 0.5kg per week is probably a little ambitious at this point. You probably should be eating more...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

I agree. I sent them an email asking why it's not being addressed in an announcement, Facebook post, anything but all they said was sorry for the issue, it will be fixed with the next update. The only thing I see here on the forums is when they sometimes say they know about the issue and close the post because it promotes a VLCD.

It makes me wonder, for every post like the OP, how many are just following a very low calorie goal because that's what MFP gave them?

Hence my post about it in each of the forums :). If they won't do anything to let people know, I will. Though in one of them someone actually suggested it was not such a bad thing. Yep, really.

The thread closing is kind of hilarious though, since it's actually MFP that is, technically, promoting a VLCD :\.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    amount of joules (or calories for the rest of the world)

I thought it was the other way round. As in most of the world used kj except for the U.S. And UK.

But yeah maybe change your setting to half a kilo lose since it sounds like your close to goal weight.

Or maybe try eating foods that fill you up for longer, I hear higher protein and fats help with hunger or what about foods with less energy but higher volume.

Or just eat more, sounds like the app is wrong.