Carbs Carbs Carbs

Options
RonRoff
RonRoff Posts: 175 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
As i'm filling in my diary everyday, i often struggle to get enough carbs. (i know right...)

What food isolates mainly the carbs, and doesnt contain a lot of proteines and or fat?

I would like some ideas to be able to have some foods to balance my diary out a bit when i'm in need of carbs while planning my day.

Oh and i dont want to eat a lot of bread, so thats why i'm struggling to get enough carbs, i eat skimmed milk with oatmeal as a replacement to keep the sodium at descent levels.

Thanks!

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Carbs are the one macro where it's not all that important if you hit the goal or not. You don't have to think too hard about it. It's no problem if you go over your protein or fat a little and have less carbs if it's easier for you that way.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Rice & potato are pretty carb heavy with little fat and protein
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hit your protein and fat goals as a minimum and don't worry too much about carbs
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Sour patch kids. Jello.

I wouldn't worry about reaching your carb allowance. If you do, cool. If not, that's cool too.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you're happy eating the way you are, and you are reaching your calorie goals, then don't worry about carbs.

But if you're looking for ways to boost them, some carb heavy foods are: pasta, rice, potatoes, cous cous, fruit/fruit juice.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You not have to worry about carbs. :)
    And according to your diary, you have a ton. :o A lot of us are eating less than that.
    If you want more, you will find them in sweet potatoes, carrots, avocados, beans, lentils, almonds and other nuts, broccoli and cauliflower, butter nut squash and other winter squash.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary but I haven't understood much :smile:
    Anyway, you may want to add some fruits to increase your carbs
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    As others have said, don't worry about carbs unless you don't have enough energy for your work outs. Try eating some more fruit, or add sweet potatoes, potatoes, winter squashes. The most important goal to hit is protein.
  • RonRoff
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you all, as i'm having a 40% carbs, 40% proteine, 20% fat schema, i try to not go to low to prevent eating rampages and unexpected cravings.

I'm going to stop worrying about a 50g carb deficit and replace my rice with some pasta occasionally to make sure it doesnt get out of control.

Most people are having problems keeping their carbs low lol, now thats something else :lol:

@edit: yes proteines is something that isnt to hard for me, i eat a lot of high proteine food and fill up with proteine shakes during the day, if i wouldnt do that, the food would not vary at all. So the shakes help me to keep my food variable.
  • RonRoff
    Options
    @RodaRose, a friend also told me that eating almonds occasionally would do me good, i think i'm going to buy a box of those. :lol:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    RonRoff wrote: »
    @RodaRose, a friend also told me that eating almonds occasionally would do me good, i think i'm going to buy a box of those. :lol:
    Yes, because almonds have protein but fewer carbs than other nuts like pecans. B)