Sleeping Issues

Options
13»

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    No coffee anymore!
    In my late 30s, my body could not handle it anymore and my sleep really suffered!
    Now I can have tea in the morning and usually get 7 hours unless I'm stressed over something.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    For the record, these are all the sleep tips I've implemented over the years, to no avail:
    Strict schedule (easy to do, I'm the most routine person I know)
    Unlit clock so I don't get more anxious watching the time tick away
    Light blocking window coverings
    White noise (air cleaner) AND pink noise (fake rain sound)
    Zero caffeine. Ever.
    No electronics before bed. Not even my Kindle, I read a hard copy book
    No exercise in the evening. I work out first thing in the AM
    No work or other strenuous mental activity before bed
    And I think I' ve downloaded every free sleep meditation/relaxation mp3 in existence
    The only one I don't do is lower the temperature because I get chilled easily and then sleep is impossible
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I had bad sleep my whole life, even with prescription sleep aids. Then I got a little Bluetooth speaker and an ipod and started playing science & history podcasts and zzzzzz. I put each one on repeat so as I wake up during the night I already have something playing to listen to and 99.9% of the time I fall right back asleep. It's a straight up miracle for me.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't help me as it takes me too long to chill out and can only go to my gym in the evening as it doesn't open before I need to be at work. I still do the exercise as am paying for the damn gym (Can't cancel til July time, years membership).

I do sometimes listen to classical music which sometimes helps. Not often enough though.

I switched to decaf the end of last year, tea that is, I don't drink coffee. I don't really eat chocolate... I still have last years easter egg in the fridge. And I watch out for fizzy pop, though I don't drink that often either.

Thank you to everyone who has given me some ideas! And it's kind of nice to know others have the same problems. Although I wish this on no one!

I have to see my doc next week anyway so I'll bring it up and see what they say.
  • HaroldStearns
    HaroldStearns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Depression, high blood pressure and poor sleep had arisen a problem in me known to be Insomnia. I had mentioned this to my doctors. Then, he suggested me to buy Ambien and take it with proper dose with a full glass of water. And now I am getting my full hours sleep each day and relieve from my anxiety.