30 day shred results??

karriebearie05
karriebearie05 Posts: 12
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I see alot of people on here talking about them starting the shred and the process of it, but i was wondering if anyone has completed the whole 30 days and what sort of results did you see? How intense was the workout? any other comments about it?

Replies

• Great question! I too would like to hear what peoples results were.
  • I have completed it. I honestly love this dvd. It is challenging and but I don't have to spend an hour doing it. 20 minutes + warm up and stretching. It will kick your butt! I think the actual results depend on your weight, food plan, and commitment to change. I lost something like ten inches of my stomach area. (it was a bad bad spot) Five from each thigh, Four inches off my chest, 2 from each arm and calf. I'm about to kick off with this dvd again. I won't lie to you though, I swear at Jillian while I work out. haha.
  • sky379
    sky379 Posts: 46
    I am on Level 3, Day 4. I have done the workouts every day for the past 24 days. Honestly, I have not seen as dramatic of a change in inches/weight as other people have had. It really is a great workout though. It really gets you sweating and does make you stronger. I think level 2 was the hardest though. If you are looking for a great workout, you should definetely do it. it's only about 20-25 minutes. But jsut from my personal experience, I have not noticed any change in weight or inches.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    It is intense, but the time required is great! I finished the program last summer. I didn't lose any weight. I did get toned and feel stronger. I didn't take measurements to know for sure how many inches I lost, but my clothes fit better so I know I lost some.

I am on day 7 of level 1 right now. So far, no weight loss again, but I can feel areas getting firmer.

I like to add more cardio in if i can. I think this might help me lose more belly fat, and maybe some pounds.

I am happy with the inches though. Its better than nothing, just don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move much - you are still getting results.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Every body is different. This is my story. I have gone to a combo of personal training sessions and bootcamp for the past year. Although I have changed the shape of my body, and I am in love with my shoulderss and my arms, (it is very awsome to love parts of your body!) I did not lose weight though. Only because I did not really change my eating at all. I started the shred two weeks or so ago with every intention of absolute loyalty, but life got in the way and I stopped. I renewed my commitment three days ago. My eating has not changed I am down a pound and have lost over an inch. Today is the day that I will focus on my eating. I am trying to be good!! I figure if it worked that quicky imagine what it would do if I concentrated on what I put into my mouth. I also did start the 200 sit up challenge yeterday so tht my have contributed to my little but much celebrated success! It is a hard work-out, (this coming from a person that has done a lot of challenging work-outs over the years), but it is quick, and efficient! :smile:
  • I have never made it the full 30 days, but i did it for about 2 weeks straight at one point and i could tell a major difference in my body. It really was shaping up areas including my legs, arms, and stomach. So i am convinced if I saw that change in 2 weeks it would definitely be great results after 30.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    I did do it for almost 30 days straight. I lost 5.5 inches off my stomach, 4 off each thigh and hips as well, some off arms. I also had the best looking arms and chest. I really want to keep up with it ... as i was so happy with my results. I took 2 months off, cause i let life get in the way, and i've lost of the results, though not all. I am hoping for good results again. Today is my day 4.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Just reading your response has given me even more energy to succeed! 5 inches from the stomache is quite amazing, Thanks for the post!!!
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    I did the whole 30 days last summer and did my normal running routine. Here are my results:

Waist: 32"
    > 29"
    Hips: 41"
    > 38.5"
    Pooch: 37"
    > 33.5"
    Thigh: 25.5"
    > 22.5"
    Bicep: 11"
    >10.75"
    Calf: 14.5"
    > 14"
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Wow congrats ladies! I knew this workout video was good but didnt know it was that good! I have it but never tried it. Now I will!

Question: How long do you do each level? Or just do each level for 10 days?
  • Curkovic
    Curkovic Posts: 1
    I have just bought the DVD , and i am really excited to start , only have one question , does anyone know how many calories each session burns , as i would like to log it in and what size weights should i get ?
  • jopamom
    jopamom Posts: 11
    You need a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to see how many calories you burn during the workout. Everyone is different. Someone 200 lbs will burn more than someone who is 120 lbs. I did the shred too and had some results, but I plateaued once I got to level 3. And I got bored doing the same exact workout everyday. I've moved on to P90X and am starting a hybrid with Insanity soon. I finished the 90 days and am on another round and loving it still. It is challenging but the results I have had is like none other. After my first 90 days, I lost 20 lbs and 24 inches. I can see my abs! Finally! Check out my page bit.ly/fitwithashley for my pics.
This discussion has been closed.