100 lbs in six months

Options
wmpottsjr
wmpottsjr Posts: 42 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Yeee Haaaaa ! I have before and after pics posted and my diary is open.

3501563.png

Replies

• tryitonemoretime
    Options
    What do you do?
    100 lbs in 6 months is too much

Most likely you will gain it back
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

What makes you say that? If OP is eating at a calorie deficit or maintaining calories he should have no problem keeping it off.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a huge achievement.
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wowowow!! congratulations :)
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tryitonemoretime
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    What do you do?

What makes you say that? If OP is eating at a calorie deficit or maintaining calories he should have no problem keeping it off.

Everybody who lose weight will gain it all the weight back, and more

Some gain it fast, others gain it in longer period of time. Especially when you lose too soon, youll gain it soon too.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done! Awesome!

I lost 90# in 7 months and an additional 70# in the next 13 months. I have kept it off for 16 months, so it can be done and maintained. You gain weight back by overeating, going back to eating more than you burn.
    What do you do?

^^This is not true.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

WOW, way to encourage someone. I think it's fantasticwhat Mr Potts has done and needs continued support not to be knocked down
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

Some gain it fast, others gain it in longer period of time. Especially when you lose too soon, youll gain it soon too.

wow, thanks Debbie Downer!!

to OP - YOU ROCK!!!! Congrats and don't let anyone pee on your parade!
  • E_Goldfish
    E_Goldfish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

:laugh:

while a high percentage of people DO gain weight back, not everyone does...

Are you hangry by any chance?
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    What do you do?

what are your sources? I'm trying to understand why you say that but you're just repeating what you previously said.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the weight loss, but I do have a caution.

You generally eat 1000-1400 calories per day. That's not nearly enough to hit your body's various needs. In general people rebound and gain weight because extreme dieting reduces their lean body mass. I hope you will consider increasing your calorie intake for the sake of your health.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

The actual statistics show that a very high percentage of people gain the weight back, no matter how they lost the weight.

Losing weight is a difficult thing to do, for all of us, no matter how much we have to lose.
    Keeping the weight off, for over 5 years is even harder to do.

Losing the weight is a very big deal!

Congrats again!

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

No, everybody will not. Science has shown that, if a lower weight is maintained for a long period of time, those previously thought to-never-disappear fat cells will in fact go away. TDEE does gradually go back to "normal." Etc.

Yes, those who lose weight very fast are more likely to gain it back, due to the muscle that is inevitably lost when shedding weight that fast, and muscle plays a role in the amount of calories our body burn. And often, the large number of people who regain weight (or gain even more) do so because they didn't learn lifelong habits: macros, portions, calorie counts, etc... things that MFP is designed to do, versus fad diets that most people gravitate towards.

That being said, though I'm not a fan of rapid weight loss without medical supervision (which I don't know if OP went through or not), there's no way to predict what will happen to OP.

I have to wonder at someone posting that as a response when they also happen to be on MFP.
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    writerkat wrote: »
    What do you do?

WOW, way to encourage someone. I think it's fantasticwhat Mr Potts has done and needs continued support not to be knocked down

Not ALWAYS TRUE!! In 2009, the most I lost in one month was 17lbs. (usually stayed around 8-10lbs. lost in a month. I went from 250 to 138 in about 13 months, and have ONLY had trouble with about 20lbs. of those coming and going. Not everyone does. You can't make that assumption.

• chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

So you are saying that we are all wasting our time trying to lose weight and be healthy? Why are you even here than?

I say good for Mr. Potts!
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

The actual statistics show that a very high percentage of people gain the weight back, no matter how they lost the weight.

Losing weight is a difficult thing to do, for all of us, no matter how much we have to lose.
    Keeping the weight off, for over 5 years is even harder to do.

Losing the weight is a very big deal!

Congrats again!

is that not what i said!? :huh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!