Healthy yummy sudo Chinese food substitute /low carb also

Options
Rivers2k
Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
I love Chinese food, I actually love pretty much any Asian food. However I have discovered over the past year or so that carbs aren't a friend to my digestive system, my tongue yes, but stomach no. So Chinese food has become a more rarer occasion (most of my favorite Asian dishes are noodle based).

Sunday I stumbled into an awesome substitute by mistake. We like to keep Sunday a rest day Sometimes we go out for lunch but yesterday decided to have leftovers.

We had left over kale, rotisserie chicken, and spaghetti squash, that had to be used up. So we tossed it all into a wok with minced garlic and oil and stir fried it. my wife topped hers with some shredded parm. I decided since I have been craving Chinese I would skip the cheese and top with some soy sauce instead. Wow it was good, even though it was a substitute i didn't feel I was missing a thing I actually liked it better than Chinese food I had in the past. And no upset stomach after.

So that is my impromptu suduo chinese dish

PS for those not familiar with Kale boil in a chicken bullion cube before adding to your dish to remove bitterness.

Replies

• Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PPS a large bowl was about 11 net carbs. Also the flavor and texture was much like chicken mei fun.