Share Your Weight Loss Tips!

Options
2»

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. I usually eat cereal (some type with whole grains and dried fruit) with soy milk for breakfast. Some combination of sandwich, salad, fruit, and sometimes yogurt for lunch. Home-cooked vegetarian meals from recipes for dinner. Most of the time I eat 3 meals a day with no snacking. I'm not counting calories, although that is one of the primary features of this site. I joined here more because I was looking for a site with weight loss/fitness-related discussion boards. If I find that I reach a plateau, I will probably start counting calories at that point, but I don't find it necessary right now.

I work out every day, unless I'm traveling or my schedule just doesn't permit it that day (which doesn't happen often because I put a lot of effort into making my workout a priority).

I've lost 29 pounds in about 5 months so far. I've been consistently losing about a pound a week based on what I'm doing. I started noticing that I needed new, smaller clothes after I'd lost about 15 pounds.

I couldn't fast! I've failed with low-calorie diets in the past. I don't find that sustainable. Eating a reasonable amount while exercising a lot works so much better for me. I don't feel hungry and I feel like I have much more energy than I did when I was heavier, and I feel like I can live this way long-term.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    First of all, fasting is absolutely the worst thing in the world, so don't do that.

:noway:
    This stuck out to me as well. Now, I would never suggest someone do something rediculous like a month long water only fast, but intermittent fasting has played a major role in my success. I do a daily 20 hour fast and occasionally a 2-3 day fast every few months or so.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for a month? Did you still eat 3 times a day?
    I ate regular food, just stayed under calories. I eat 5-6 times a day. My diary is open feel free to check it out. I haven't been hitting my macros lately though.

How many times do you workout in a week?
    I've worked out every single day since January 2012. I did miss this past Wednesday June 5th :indifferent:

After how many months or weeks did you see the result?
    I started seeing results by the end of January 2012.

I tried fasting but I just can't make it.
    You don't need to fast to lose weight. You just need to stop overeating. Eat less than you are now, not drastically less, just try reducing 2-300 calories a day. Add in some exercise at least 3 times a week. You will lose weight.
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Water water water!
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    Strength Training and Protein!!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Count those cals!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for those awesome tips! I really appreciate them. Although I'm just confused if I should eat MY DAILY GOAL calories a day or minimize the foods I eat.

I really want to lose weight fast like in 2 weeks or a month. Do you think that eating fewer calories than my daily goal calories and exercise two times everyday will help me to lose weight faster than following MFP Tips? Any experience with that?

If you want to damage your metabolism, go right ahead. Otherwise, stick with the recommendations. You are 115 lbs - you do not have enough extra on your body to try and lose that amount of weight in such a short time. If you manage to succeed, you will put it all back on, quickly, and more with it. You don't want to fall into that cycle.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did alternate day intermittent fasting for weight loss and now do 8:16 intermittent fasting for maintenance. Love IF and will always do some version of it :)
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more
  • kristenlauter
    Options
    Here are two videos we created: by Holistic Healers Academy
    An Apple a Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03wg_a6ffK0
    Weight Loss Tips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7MWU02Iw2w