looking for some friends who are vegetarians or vegan

Options
jiji101
jiji101 Posts: 1 Member
Trying to find support to transition into veganism and just people who have the same goals in mind and are supportive. :):)

Replies

• oneyearparty
    oneyearparty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You know what I've found is the easiest way to transition, at least for me personally, since I use to constantly fall off the wagon back to a S.A.D. out of fear of never tasting a McDouble again... I did 1 month pescatarian, 1 month vegetarian, 2 months flexible vegan (6 days vegan, 1 day vegetarian), 3 weeks full vegan and that's where I am as of today. If your a junk food and unhealthy food eater then just stay that way for now, trust me! If you cut out all animal products plus only eat "super healthy" your setting your self up for failure. Yes, it can be done but for me it made me feel like: "there's no way I can live like this long term!". Starting with pescatarian is the easiest way since your still having flesh, eggs, and dairy. The only reason I've been able to keep at it is because I still have fried foods and occasional fake cheese. My staples are fried potatoes, french fries, fried rice, fried noodles... you get the picture. Yes, eventually I'll cut down on the oil because it causes inflammation, however, I've still gotten awesome benefits. Ex. Body odor gone, clear smooth face, 35 lbs gone in three months and I havn't done any cardio just lifting heavy weights. Meat=weight gain and nasty putrid smells. Well good luck!
  • Misskittyfantastico
    Misskittyfantastico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian! :D
  • antahon
    antahon Posts: 2
    Options
    The only thing that will ultimately help you stay vegan is the moral stuff. Learn more about what really happens in the dairy and egg industry and how millions of animals get tortured and killed and maybe you won't feel like eating that stuff next time.
    I can recommend some youtubers as well if you like watching videos. They help a lot with motivation.
  • pulsarbleu
    pulsarbleu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How is your transition going?

I jumped right into vegan a little over a month ago and my husband has reluctantly joined me. Overall, I'm not trying to replace foods so much as learn new recipes. I'm lucky because I had an acquaintance on FB (now a great friend) who has been vegan for ages to mentor me. I'm surprised to find how many accidental vegan things I was already using in my cooking.

One thing I needed to replace right away though was our breakfast scrambles and omelettes, which is now just scrambles made with crumbled tofu. I haven't gotten the spicing exactly right yet because it takes a lot less than eggs did, but the consistency is fine.
  • kbare85
    kbare85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian! Don't have much interest in becoming vegan though.
  • graceekim
    Options
    I am vegan! almost raw till 4 but not quite.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm pescatarian, but eat fish rarely. I was eating very few eggs for a while, but due to some hormonal imbalances, I'll probably be eating more eggs (but less cheese). I don't use milk often as I prefer almond and coconut milk, which I make myself.
  • eatgymlose
    eatgymlose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 8 years and now I have been vegan for about a year. Why do you want to go veggie? Everyone has different reasons, friend is for health (high blood pressure) husband because he is vain and believes the only way he can stay skinny is being vegan and I turned vegan for animal rights, environmental, disgust of meat industry and so on. Saw a documentary called The Corporation in my environmental class in college and changed everything for me. If you go veggie, the food is just as good and is cruelty free.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian means you have to take healthy food for your body. There are many benefits to take vegetarian food or diet. A great planned vegetarian diet can meet the requirements of people of all ages. A healthy diet need proper planning.
  • KerrymBurgess
    KerrymBurgess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went from vegetarian to vegan 6 months ago, I did the transition over a period of 4 months by cutting out 1 dairy/animal product at a time and as I opt for the low fat diet anyway it wasn't too difficult you just got to plan ahead to avoid relying on pasta or rice. Feel free to add me as a friend, my diary is open!
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey there I've been vegan for 5 months now and loving it, I'd never go back to the SAD diet :)
  • Runningveggie
    Options
    I'm vegan! Been that way for 6 years and couldn't be happier. :smiley: however lately I've been putting the pounds on! Its ok though, I'm working on it!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Vegan - no point doing things in half measures; just jump in!
  • Natataliee
    Natataliee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I cut out dairy about 4 years ago and then eliminated eggs and meat. I have been mostly vegan for 3 years with the exception of fish. I feel great and although it's hard sometimes to stay on top of eating well within the restrictions I've set, it's totally worth it.
  • cldebuse
    cldebuse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the community, been doing MFP for couple years with good success, stalled, need to get back on track.
    Been vegan for years. Every day great food choices, make it hard to put down the fork! Over fifty, lees and less cal need as years go by so I need to find enjoyment in other things in life!
  • jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly vegetarian but I am a pescetarian. I cut out meat in August due to see if it would help my 50k training. Long story short...I've never felt better! :)
  • bitsyspider
    bitsyspider Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Vegan here, feel free to add me :)
  • deeqo2015
    deeqo2015 Posts: 12
    Options
    Vegetarian....add me
  • ladyvonna
    ladyvonna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan and would love to meet other vegan/vegetarian friends here :-)
    please feel free to add me
  • choligeetu
    choligeetu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mongolian, Vegan, pure...