Need Inspiration to Chase Away the Blues

Does anyone else have trouble with mood-eating? I stress out, get upset, have PMS, anything, and I eat - to make myself feel better. This morning I woke up cranky, with cramps, and I ate a Time Horton's chocolate donut. How do you work around those moody blues? Are there substitute foods that will work? Or do you have a routine that helps? Would love to hear what everyone else does to work around the mood swings!

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    I too am an emotional eater and it stinks! I try to distract myself and not comfort myself with food I try to either take a walk, phone a friend, read, take a bath but sometimes I break down and eat. All you do is log it and move on. Don't let it ruin your entire day or your your eating plan for the day.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Same boat . . . an emotional eater. If I can see it coming it is easier to get ahead of it, like that TOM and sometime other things like work stress, or whatever makes me start envisioning cookies in my near future. For times like these while I do indulge I try and plan it and make sure it is something worth while. Nothing worse than giving into a craving and not even enjoying it! By plan it, I mean deciding that I really want a particular cookie, candy or whatever and going out of my way to get it, if I change my mind that is usually the end of it - I won't substitute. Pre-logging also really helps, seeing those numbers in black and white can sometimes put a halt to all interest in food :)