• jamesrandel81
    jamesrandel81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Has any one tryed it

The military diet
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nah man, it's not the right thing. no one eats like that, not really.

eat better, eat less, track everything. good luck.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It's considered a Very Low Caloric Diet and the only weight you lose is water weight(maybe a little muscle), which after you are done, will most likely gain it back.
    Crash diet isn't needed.
  • marine172064
    marine172064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself how badly do you want to lose weight.? Really look at the foods that you do choose to eat. Drink alot of water when you can. Stay positive and focused .Good. Luck
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    The military does not eat like that. Just walk away from that plan. It is total crap!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a stupid bunk crash diet that keeps popping back up thanks for Pintrest and Facebook. No military in the world would endorse it, and there is nothing magical in the combination of food. I honestly wonder if someone said "Hey, let's invent the most ridiculous diet we can and see how many people we can convince to try it"
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just went and looked at it. seriously? hot dogs? ice cream? pffft I can find better ways to get my calories! I wonder how many calories per day that diet is...
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I have done a real military diet, It's 5-7000 calories a day on average. The military diet you're referring to is more like what someone in solitary confinement+bread and water rations at Leavenworth would eat, it's not healthy AT ALL.

Rigger
  • jamesrandel81
    Options
    10 4 thanks
  • kallista2806
    kallista2806 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Has any one tryed it
    Has any one tryed it

I Tried it and I only lost 5 Pounds. I guess that's food for 3 days but now I juat
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Has any one tryed it

Do all the phys, eat all the food...

Or is that not what you meant?

In my experience a military diet, on ops, is about 3000-4000 cals per day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The Military Diet - packaged, brand diet is a very low calorie diet and ridiculous for long-term weight loss

The military diet - real military is something completely different with a shed-load of training
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've tried this 3 day military diet. It clams you can lose 10lbs in 3 days. I did it & lost 7lbs in the 3 days. Guess what.. It all came back. Ooooo big shock, right? Lol. Can't remember exactly but the 1st day you get around 1300 cal, 2nd day 1100 cal, & 3rd day 1000 cal. I was so desperate, I was trying anything. I even did the diet a second time. Lost the same 7lbs again. It came back.. Again. Anyways, 6 months later I finally got my act together.. Joined MFP, started counting calories, & started exercising. I've lost 25lbs so far & 15 more to go. Good luck to you! :smile: Don't do this military diet.. Will.. Not.. Work..
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A caloric deficit, is all that's required to lose weigh. Try that.
  • jamesrandel81
    Options
    Thanks all for the info guess
  • jamesrandel81
    Options
    Guess just keep pound way the rite way