Ready to Change!

Options
Good afternoon!
Today is the day that I make a change for the better. All my life, I have been on the pudgy side of life. I lead a very sedentary lifestyle. When not at work, where I sit all day, I enjoy watching movies and playing video games. I was finally had reached a weight I was VERY happy with. But I have slacked off so much in the good habits I had begun to have, that I am no longer happy with myself. Not only that, I struggle with stairs and can't run for more than six seconds without being SUPER winded. I am ready to make a change that will lead to a healthier me.
With that said, I could definitely use people to hold me accountable for my progress. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
Good luck to all!

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • ChristaLii
    Options
    We have a similar lifestyle. I sit at a desk all day and enjoy watching movies as well. I started living a healthier lifestyle in January. I'm down 6 pounds and went down a pant size! :)
  • Annestjones
    Annestjones Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm the same. I've got prom in 3 months and I hope that will be enough motivation to drop a dress size or two.
  • kemazing
    kemazing Posts: 7
    Options
    ChristaLii wrote: »
    We have a similar lifestyle. I sit at a desk all day and enjoy watching movies as well. I started living a healthier lifestyle in January. I'm down 6 pounds and went down a pant size! :)
    Congratulations! I'll be SO happy when that's me. It's amazing what six pounds can do to the way your clothes fit and your self esteem.
  • ChristaLii
    Options
    Thanks! Once you see results you become addicted. Do you go to the gym or do you workout at home?
  • kemazing
    kemazing Posts: 7
    Options
    ChristaLii wrote: »
    Thanks! Once you see results you become addicted. Do you go to the gym or do you workout at home?
    I don't do either right now. I have a gym membership but have only gone five times total and have had it since September...Terrible I know!
    I hate waking up early to go before work and I am always tired by the time I get off work. Excuses excuses. I'm going to try to at least make it twice a week to get started. I know it's not much but I think starting slow is better than starting strong and then giving up.