Snacks

Options
I'm new to the world of health and nutrition and need help finding snacks. I don't like eating large meals as I generally will eat so much I feel like I'm going to die. I like to snack throughout the day. What are some easy to find snacks that are both healthy and taste good? The snacks I would normally choose would probably consume at least a third of my new calorie goal for the day.

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    There are some of my go to's:
    cheese & grapes
    apple/banana & peanut butter (look into PB2 its low cal)
    yogurt and honey
    a small salad
    quest bar
    trail mix

Those are all under 200 calories if you do the right portion sizes!

Also try eating lots of protein and fiber in all your meals. It helps keep you fuller longer. I personally love "grazing" too. I eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day! It took trial and error to figure out how I best divided up my calories at each feeding ;)
  • kemazing
    kemazing Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Those snacks actually sound pretty good. I'll have to stock up at work which is where I snack the most.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am a grazer to a fault. I have to plan my food accordingly since I love to snack all day. Here is what I will eat

carrots, grape tomatoes, almonds, apple w/almond or peanut butter, sunrise energy bars (sold at costco-I think they are one their brands), 100 cal bag of pop corn, mini baby bel cheese
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love apple and almond butter.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    carrots with Greek yogurt, almonds, grapes, celery sticks with peanut butter just to name a few
  • tristamdavis
    tristamdavis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love 100 cal wholly guacamole to-go! And the best part is that it tastes great with veggies and you can eat endless amount of veggies to feel full!

I also will do 1 oz of whole almonds (about 23), sambra Classic hummus & veggies, an apple, low fat cottage cheese, plain fat free stonyfield organic greek yogurt with chia seeds and cinnamon and/or berries (however you like)
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am loving jicama again, I forgot how tasty it is. It's sweet, but with a little bit of hummus it's an awesome salty/sweet combo.
    Beef jerky is a good one too.
  • MarvelousMrs
    MarvelousMrs Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge snacker! I just keep trying different things and adjusting my "meal" intake to accommodate my snacks!