Eating fast food is finally paying off!

Options
LuckyMe2017
LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
So, I was a Bojangles junkie for years, often eating it twice a day. I only had a few calories for breakfast, since my son ate 1/2 of my yogurt and protein bar. And I also no longer had my mid morning snack (I had planned to keep half of the bar and yogurt for a mid morning snack).

For some reason I decided I had enough calories to eat lunch at Bojangles. I started to regret the decision my first bite. When I finished, I contemplated heading home to take a nap. But that wasn't really an option, since I am in two weight loss challenges. Instead, I decided to go walk.

When I got to the trail, I told myself that I had plenty of fuel to cut 5 mins off of my record time given I had just eaten a bunch of carbs and fat.

Long story short...I cut my time by 4 mins (5k in 46 mins) all because I had a dreaded Bojangles meal. Those of you who beat yourself up over food choices can also channel that energy into something positive.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Great way to turn a negative into a positive. :D
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Bojangles! I love that place. HAA Sadly we don't have it here in the PNW.

Congrats on your time though! That is awesome!