These Pictures will put everything into perspective about the number on the scale

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
For those working out and not seeing a difference on the scale, take progression photos and use a tape measure. But whatever you do, don't give up.
3m0eqn4ofdi5.jpg
jm4v5mghs06l.jpg

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Yeah but when your are trying to be in a deficit or think you are in a deficit then the muscle would not come into play unless for the exceptions to the rule or into would be your eating too much.

I think a picture of someone diary would tell more of what the scales says since there are lots of ways on why people retain water weight.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Yeah but when your are trying to be in a deficit or think you are in a deficit then the muscle would not come into play unless for the exceptions to the rule or into would be your eating too much.

I think a picture of someone diary would tell more of what the scales says since there are lots of ways on why people retain water weight.

Not really following on what you're trying to say. The picture is meant to show simply the difference between muscle and fat in volume even though its the same weight.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Not really following on what you're trying to say. The picture is meant to show simply the difference between muscle and fat in volume even though its the same weight.

His point was that most people won't be making an even exchange while in a deficit. They may not gain any muscle in a deficit depending on their workouts and nutrition.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks, My Butt! Those are great visuals. :)