Counting Fiber

Options
Hello! I have been instructed by my nutritionist to track my fiber intake. This would be great except it seems very few of the food entries have it listed. Is there a way to update a food in the database without having to create a whole new one?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Have you swapped out sugar for fibre tracking?

I've not noticed entries without fibre tbh
  • Michelle_Silies
    Michelle_Silies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll look again. I have fiber listing on my tracker, but many foods still come up without a reading. The oatmeal I have in the morning has listed, but only one of the many entries. The veggies I have are the same way. :(
  • missmegonline
    missmegonline Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I swapped out sugar for fiber tracking and love it! It's much more helpful.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I think you can edit foods in the database. When you click on the nutritional info and it asks if the info is accurate, click no. I believe it kinda walks you thru the rest. I've done it a couple of times. Does that help?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can edit them as kecmw25 posted. For fruits and veggies, you should be able to find an accurate entry - look for the ones that do NOT have an asterisk next to them, and search for the plural - bananas, strawberries, potatoes, etc - and you'll usually find an entry that is complete with all nutritional info, including fiber and potassium, and the option to log it in cups, grams, ounces, etc. Takes a like searching around sometimes, but they are in there, and once you use them, they should show up in your frequent or recent foods, especially if they are regulars in your diet.
  • Michelle_Silies
    Michelle_Silies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips - I will check that out. (*)
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I went to "settings" to change the items my nutrition report tracks. I swapped fiber for sodium and turned off the sugar display.