Recommended workouts for mom of toddler

Options
2»

Replies

• Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I do mostly kettlebell workouts once my son (8.5 month old) goes to bed. In 15-20 mins you can do a full body workout. Love my kettlebells!!
    :D
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Get wireless headphones if you must hear the music, if not turn off the music and turn on the words so you can see/read the instructions. Also work out with your toddler- go to playground and play on equipment, lift them in the air- play air plane (toddler in arms, then go forward and back using your abs- similar to what you would do with a weighted ball) etc. You can do squats, ab work, lots of workouts with your toddler safely as the weight!

(Mom of 3 kids, who was working and getting her MBA at the same time so I know what you are going through being busy!)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well this has been a huge struggle for me. I am home alone with a baby and toddler so finding time to go to the gym is really hard. I work full time and I commute so I refuse to drag them to the gym childcare after they've been away from me all day in daycare. My solution (I hope) was just ordered on Amazon today. I got the Body Beast at home weight lifting program and two adjustable dumbells. My plan is to kill it in the am before they get up or after they go to bed. I don't have many other options as we only have a couple hours after daycare until it is bedtime. If my husband is home, then I don't feel so bad about going to the gym. Being a single parent is tough....I don't know how you gals do it 24/7. I struggle with 24/5!