Time management problems. help?

Options
I work 6 days a week from 9-5 and then I'm at the hospital with my dad until 9 by that time i eat and get ready for bed. Im only actually getting like 20 minutes of working out a day. The food part is getting easy but im finding it so hard to get a good workout any help?

Replies

• cje151
    cje151 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah sometimes it sucks trying to make time. For the days where you have no time try a tabata workout. Should take you 4 minutes and whoop your butt!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Maybe wake up earlier? Your work day starts late enough. Roll out of bed at 6a and workout for 1-2 hrs before work. Assuming you don't have any other morning obligations. It's hard waking up earlier but once you make it a habit it's not so bad.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I agree with waking up earlier.
  • countrydreaming
    countrydreaming Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Why not give yourself a break while your Dad is in hospital. It sounds like you have enough stress in your life at the moment for your body to cope with. Just be sensible with walking rather than driving when you can, using stairs rather than lifts etc.
  • ericapresson12
    ericapresson12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would do the waking up earlier but i have a work crazy hours at work and sometimes i close and sometimes i open and sometimes i work 9-5. And that would make waking up or working out early kind of hard. Also i dont wish to take a break in training, ive been feeling so much better with my health with working out. I think i can start running or biking to the hospital, i will get there later and wont be able to eat in between but maybe it will make eating late a little better?
  • ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    I would do the waking up earlier but i have a work crazy hours at work and sometimes i close and sometimes i open and sometimes i work 9-5. And that would make waking up or working out early kind of hard. Also i dont wish to take a break in training, ive been feeling so much better with my health with working out. I think i can start running or biking to the hospital, i will get there later and wont be able to eat in between but maybe it will make eating late a little better?
    Running to/from the hospital is a great idea! If you did that 3-5x/wk, you would eventually see results. Bike there on the off days to give you're legs some rest.

• exerciseforhealth
    exerciseforhealth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Running to/from the hospital is a great idea! If you did that 3-5x/wk, you would eventually see results. Bike there on the off days to give you're legs some rest.

• ericapresson12
    Options
    The only thing im worried about is that my doctor said i couldnt be a skating car hop because of having bad knees and i dont want a problem later on? Anything i can do to run and not have those problemes? Also i want to say thanks forvall the help!
  • exerciseforhealth
    exerciseforhealth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can relate to being time poor. Can you ride a bike to work? I live in a city and ride to work 14kms each way as a minimum exercise. Two other days a week I get up at 5am to do some hills work on the bike before work at 9am. And if you dont work weekends, that's a good opportunity. You will feel tired initially, but eat well and your body will adjust. Good luck, where there is a will there is a way to achieve it :-)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    The only thing im worried about is that my doctor said i couldnt be a skating car hop because of having bad knees and i dont want a problem later on? Anything i can do to run and not have those problemes? Also i want to say thanks forvall the help!
    I'd recommend you to go to a real running shop and have them fit you for shoes, analyze you're running form, stride (not all do that, but ask) and then work on perfecting it over time. Youtube has 1,000s of videos on form etc. Check out Sage Canaday's channel (Vo2maxProductions). Running only on trails, sand, dirt, grass, even treadmills will help you out a lot. Way easier on the joints etc. Which would also allow you to run more often. I only recommended trail running because you said you had bad knees. You can continue running on roads. You just might want to start slow and work you're way up over several months. I'll send you a add. Can provide more running info if you want.
  • ericapresson12
    Options
    I cant ride to work, its a far drive and i try to stay off of city roads when i bike because i live in a college town that has a lot of drunk drivers. I like biking/running to the hospital because i found a trail that no one drives on. And im worried i look funny when i run still lol and i really love the shoe idea. Im a little tight on money right now but my roomate got a new job so i should have some extra money coming in and ive been looking at good exercise equipment because i have none