1 year after weight loss - To lean bulk & Macro check pls!

Options
Hi Guys!

Need some advise please! I've recently got off a low calories weight loss journey (lost about 30kg in 12months (2014). Now i am looking at maintaining my weight, started in Jan this year. My goal is to shape (some muscles :)) and get rid of the loose skin! I am thinking of a lean bulk (but i'm not so sure)...

Height: 158cm (5'2)
Current weight: 47 - 48kg (106lbs)
LBM: 37kg (81 lbs)
Current body fat% (according to tanita electronic scale): 18% - 20%
Macros: 1800 cals 210g Carbs / 115 Protein / 55g Fat

As you can see i have loose skin and fats around my stomach! Should i continue to eat at maintenance / cut / up my calories! I am looking at going into a 3 days split strength training + 1 day of cardio.

What will be our advice please on my macros and to to bulk / cut? Thanks!!!

8okpn5bu0ec1.jpg
nvub5u71dg61.jpg

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Check your maintenance figures and learn to lift in readiness for your bulk.
    Then add 250 cals extra per day and bulk as long as you can stand it. Your goal will be to gain half a pound a week, half of which will be muscle if you've been lifting and eating properly. Set protein at 90 plus g a day (.8g per lb of body weight, but as you gain, go up) fill rest with carbs n fat, eat all foods.

Then a slow stealthy cut to melt the fat off without touching the muscle.

I just keep doing this on rinse and repeat. I love the process.

Congrats!
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Check your maintenance figures and learn to lift in readiness for your bulk.
    Then add 250 cals extra per day and bulk as long as you can stand it. Your goal will be to gain half a pound a week, half of which will be muscle if you've been lifting and eating properly. Set protein at 90 plus g a day (.8g per lb of body weight, but as you gain, go up) fill rest with carbs n fat, eat all food.

Then a slow stealthy cut to melt the fat off without touching the muscle.

I just keep doing this on rinse and repeat. I love the process.

Congrats!

Hello! Thanks for the reply!

For Maintenance do i look at TDEE (1600) or BMR (1400)?
    For bulk wise, how heavy should i bulk till? I am currently 48kg, should i bulk till 50kg?
    For Fats: 0.5g / lb of body weight is okay?
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Maintenance is the amount of calories you need to eat to keep at the same weight. Watch this for a few weeks, it's a very important number. Yes it's TDEE. BMR is the number you need to eat to lie around all day without moving.
    I discovered my maintenance cals WITHOUT EXERCISE is about 1750/1800.
    I add the exercise cals and eat them back. I've worked out my own personal burns too with a heart Rate monitor.
    I weigh every day and average out every 7.

Don't put a limit on bulking, the first kilo will be water and glycogen anyway. Just keep going until you feel like you can't stand it! It's better to do it properly.

You are good at cutting, but do it slowly afterwards so u don't lose hard earned muscle.

Fats .35g per lb of body weight.

What is important is the steady excess calories and lifting so get your numbers and lifting form right first!
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Do not trust those electronic scales for BF% measurements. They can be wayyyy off. Only way to get a BF% even close to accurate is hydrostatic weighting, dexascan, or bodpod scan. Those aren't terribly expensive if you are looking to find maintenance without the couple of weeks of calibration guess work you will have to do otherwise to find maintenance level.

Since you lost a lot of weight so quickly (congrats!), my guess is that the skin will still be recovering shape for some time, so just keep at it and you will get there!