Weight loss Journey Funk!

Options
Hi Guys,
I have all of the sudden came off of my recent weight loss high I have been on during my journey. I understand we all get in the dumps but literally over night, I have hit what feels like a rut/slump/road block, call it what you will and I just feel rotten.

My husband lost 141 pounds in about a year and a half. I know I should not compare my journey to his but the truth is..I am struggling and I hate feeling like this. When he was on his journey he literally caught his stride from day one, he never fell off or got in a slump. He keeps telling me it’s all in my head, that to beat the weight I have to mentally beat it first. Seems simple enough, right? Wrong..well wrong for me anyway.

I have hit a plateau and I know its normal it just means re adjust. But all of the sudden, I feel like I am starting at square one again. Although I have not fallen off my diet or exercise plan I feel like I have no SPARK!
Has anyone else felt this way??? How do you hit the gas and get the hell over this ****ty part of the Journey. It’s only been a few days and I already don’t want to feel this way anymore.
Please Help!

Replies

• cla0321
    cla0321 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been feeling the exact same for the past couple of days. Unfortunately, I've noticed this slump and plateau is leading me back to the ways I dread getting back to- overeating and not exercising as much as I should be. I was losing at a rapid rate before this road block/plateau and the fact that things are at a stand still right now is stressing me out. I'm not sure what we can do to snap out of this, but let's try together!!
    I know tonight after I had didn't have such a great dinner, I told myself I like the feeling of seeing results and seeing a difference in my body rather than the feeling of being full and feeling bigger and bloated. This helped me a little and has given me the temporary motivation to try to get back on track!
  • Following_Heather
    Following_Heather Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I worked out last night! Woke up today with a better attitude! Thanks for the encouragement!