Haven't even lost one pound or inch?

I have worked on my diet and have really cleaned it up in the past 4 months. I have also tried to do 20-40 minutes of HIIT, walking, or light weight lifting about 4 to 5 times a week. I have created a deficit and have stuck to it, but haven't lost any weight OR inches! Any advice?? Thanks!

18 yrs old/female
148 lbs
5'5"
I generally eat about 1800 calories a day, filled with fruits, veggies, oatmeal, chicken, etc.

My diary is open.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I suggest you open your diary so people can see what you need to do.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    How many calories are you eating? I calculated your BMR at 1513, and your TDEE if you weren't to exercise at all at 1816. So you should be eating somewhere between those two numbers (more when you exercise).

You don't have that much weight to lose, so the loss will be slow. Set your goal to lose 1/2 - 1 pound a week. I started with almost the exact same stats as you (5' 4", 145) and net around 1450 a day to lose weight. You need a bit more calories than I do since you're taller.

If you've truly been doing everything right and are seeing NO results, it may be worth consulting with a doctor to see if you have any medical conditions/metabolic issues that might contribute to your difficulties.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    eat exercise calories back.......
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Without seeing your diary, I have no information with which to formulate any advise.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    To expand on my previous post, with the limited information I have about you I'd say you should be NETTING about 1550 calories a day. So if you burn 300 calories through exercise, eat 1850 calories that day. This should have you losing about a half pound a week. Yes it's a slow loss, but it's healthy and sustainable.

Like others said though, opening your diary would be more helpful for us.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Are you weighing and measuring your food? Since you are eating a nice appropriate amount of cals (rather than under 1200 like some) you have a lot less margin of error to miscalculate your calories. You can easily underestimate your cals by a good couple hundred or more calories if you're not weighing your food.