Am stuck at the same weight for weeeks

Options
I can't seem to lose weight it's been weeks now:( and am not eating junk food, am really sticking to calories i should b consuming per day i try to walk every other day for 45 miutes :( but it's the same am really tired what should i do ??? :(

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    We'd need more info. Height, weight, goal weight, what your goals are (aka, how much you have set to lose per week). Opening your diary will also help to pin point errors you may be making in logging.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    what she said ^^^

it will most probably be logging issues
  • lojainghm
    lojainghm Posts: 10
    Options
    Height: 160cm. Weight : 58.3 Kg ,127lb
    I need to lose 8 kilos and go back to my regular weight which is 50kg . It's set to lose 0.5 per week
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do you use a food scale to weight all solid foods?
  • lojainghm
    Options
    No unfortunately i don't have one
  • kristen6350
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Seems to me you are set accurately. Are you eating all the calories you are given? You are already in range of a healthy weight so it will take longer than you think it will to get back to 50kg. Like the above posters question, do you weight all your solid foods? You may be eating more than you think.

It it would still really help if you'd make your diary public.

How long have you been at this with no scale change?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

it will most probably be logging issues

truth

make sure you weight solids and measure liquids when you log
    how do you estimate exercise calories and do you eat them back?

you loss rate sounds like a good choice for your goal

the "really tired" bit does not sound good, do you get enough sleep and drink plenty of water?

• ndj1979
    Options
    lojainghm wrote: »
    No unfortunately i don't have one

i would highly recommend getting a food scale and use it to weight all solids and as many liquids as possible. If you are eyeballing portions then you are probably underestimating calories by anywhere from 20 to 50%….

so get a food scale, and weight log/measure everything for two weeks and see what happens….
  • kristen6350
    Options
    If you don't have a scale, get one, pronto. Best kitchen investment ever.

Weigh everything - be accurate - for 2 weeks, then weigh yourself. I swear you'll be surprised!
  • lojainghm
    Options
    How long have you been at this with no scale change?[/quote] , mmmmm i'd say about
    26 days
    And yes on most days i eat all the calories i am given , but i dont have a scale so maybe i am eating a little more than i think am not sure
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this with no scale change?
    , mmmmm i'd say about
    26 days
    And yes on most days i eat all the calories i am given , but i dont have a scale so maybe i am eating a little more than i think am not sure
    [/quote]

I think if you'r e not weighing it's almost certain you're eating more than you think

get a cheap digital scale - they're about 10 - 15 - get one you can zero and put plates / pans on

it's a revelation checking portion sizes
  • lojainghm
    Options

so get a food scale, and weight log/measure everything for two weeks and see what happens….[/quote]

I will get one as soon as possible . Thnx
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yup. Get a food scale. They aren't expensive. You're a shortie like me and don't have much left to lose. The margin of error when even measuring portions in cups vs. weighing on a scale can make ALL the difference when it comes to a deficit. The discrepancy when it comes down to eyeballing is even greater.

Also? Make sure the scale is digital. I started out on here with an analog scale, but my rate of loss picked up once I got a digital scale that weighed in grams.
  • lojainghm
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weigh everything - be accurate - for 2 weeks, then weigh yourself. I swear you'll be surprised![/quote]

Thnx kristen i didn't think that this was the problem i always google the food just to make sure it's the right calorie and i stick to homemade food
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are eating at your maintenance calories. You need a food scale.
  • lojainghm
    Options

how do you estimate exercise calories and do you eat them back?

Sometimes i eat them back, the iPhone is set to track my steps .

the "really tired" bit does not sound good, do you get enough sleep and drink plenty of water?

[/quote]

Yeah i drink lots of water 2 to 3 bottles a days
  • lojainghm
    Options
    Any suggestions what kind of food scale ? Is there a specific brand ?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing your food, you have no idea how much you're really eating. Unfortunately, you're not in a deficit.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Any suggestions what kind of food scale ? Is there a specific brand ?

go on amazon and you can find one..

just make sure that it is digital one…..
  • kristen6350
    Options
    I got my scale at Aldi and I've had it for years. About $10. Amazon is a good place to go too. Go for a digital one...you don't need anything more than something you can "tare" and that has ounces/grams options.

Being on the low end of the height scale, you don't have much room for error. I don't believe this is something that has to do with your exercise, it has something to do with your portion sizes.

Do what we are suggesting for 2 weeks. If it doesn't work, come back and we'll try to figure out something else. Good luck!