Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    My 'healthy' fave sub is the 6" turkey and ham on wheat with pepper jack, extra lettuce, pickles, black olives, all peppers, and vinegar. Sometimes I'll get cucumbers too.

It helps that I don't like most sauces so I just go with vinegar and it is wonderful. I get a large iced tea to go with it.

Another one that is great is a grilled chicken salad, with the above veggies and vinegar. I could take or leave the chicken too, but it doesn't add too many calories.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    their wheat bread has about 5 more carbs than their white (italian) bread.. so i'm sticking to italian.. geez....
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/every_day_value/

then click on a sandwhich on the right
    then nutrition under the picture and then build to the right of nutrition.
    it's a little hard to find but once you do it's fun to play on
    Very cool! I order the same thing every time and I've been approximating. Now I have the actual nutrition info for my sandwich. Thanks!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I had subway for lunch today today - 12" turkey with cheese, lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, pepper (no sauce, no salt).

640 calories with my net daily target without exercise being 1680 (but I'm running tonight which is about a 550 calorie burn for me). Breakfast was 260 calories, so I'll easily find dinner to keep me under 2230 of food for the day.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    I am trying so hard to keep my daily calorie intake below 1200 and no more than 150 carbs, at the MOST.... I've been drinking a lot of water... I have ALMOST completely cut out sodas (but i needed to, i could drink a 12 pack a day). I felt good about my lunch today.. I had a 6" turkey on italian (only ate about 3/4 of the bread) with lettuce, spinach, pickles, olives, bell peppers, cucumbers, banana peppers, and spicy mustard!! This is the first time I ordered a sandwich with NO CHEESE!!!! (YAY).. I didn't realize how UNBELIEVABLY fattening and loaded with calories cheese was... Now let's just hope my fiance cooks a low calorie, low carb, and low fat supper...
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Black forest ham on white (I know, white carbs, Boo-hiss!). Piled high with every veggie in the case - S&P. Provo chz and a quick squirt of the lite mayo.

I get the 12" - half for dinner tonight, half for lunch tomorrow. Good stuff,,,
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    i was surprised.. the white bread has less carbs than the wheat.. i didn't believe it when i read it so i looked it up on the subway website.. and it's true....
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i was surprised.. the white bread has less carbs than the wheat.. i didn't believe it when i read it so i looked it up on the subway website.. and it's true....

Less carbs total, but 1g more sugar and 3g less fiber. I'll stick with wheat if I am getting a sandwich.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    subway wheat bread is just chewy to me and i dont really like it, i dont care for subway bread at all really.. but i'll stick with white if i'm eating there... but i usually eat whole wheat bread any other time...
  • drucole
    drucole Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    $5, $5, $5 Footlong :laugh:

Veggie Delite on Whole Wheat no mayo, no cheese.

Add Spinach, Tomato, Onion, Green Pepper, Black Olives, & Peppers THEN TOAST

After toasted

Add Lettuce, Cucumbers (Extra...I love cukes), pickles, a little mustard, a little spicy mustard, oil & vinegar, pepper, & spices...

Mmmm, mmm, good!
  • holliscobb
    holliscobb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Rhonda, and I am addicted to the Subway orchard chicken salad.

:tongue:

Me too! I love it as a sandwich or salad!
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Turkey sub, gherkins, green peppers, lettuce, lots of onion, cucumber and southwest sauce on wheat or Italian cheese bread (V. naughty!!)
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    really my favorite subway item is their COOKIES!!! thank goodness I was able to control my urge today!!!
  • angela0831
    angela0831 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cant go wrong with 6" honey oat, black forrest ham, no cheese, slightly toasted, all veggies except onion and jalapeno because for some reason they are always extremely hot!
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I love Subway...the end!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This one isn't exactly healthy but I love this sandwich from Subway. I have been good though and got the Chicken Orchard instead the last 2 times I have gone.

6" Spicy Italian on wheat, toasted with pepperjack, all the veggies, and brown mustard.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My ultimate fav is the subway club on wheat or whole grain bread with spinach leaves, tomatos, green peppers and sometimes banana peppers. If I'm eating lighter I like their new orchard chicken sandwhich no sauce and no cheese.

I love chips and just get the baked ones or skip them all together. I usually drink just water and on rare occasion diet coke/pepsi
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    over here the wraps dont have less carbs than the breads - I think maybe even more. yet they pass them off as a "carb concious" choice. For a veggie 34.5g carbs vs 39.6g.

It may be different in the US, but those of you getting wraps because they're "less carbs" I recommend you check it out.

Anyway, I usually get a 12" veggie delite on wheat, with pepper. no dressings, no cheese. nom nom. 410 calories, 8.6g fibre, 1.8g fat.

Personally I don't find adding meats worth it - from a sodium point of view rather than a calories one.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my fav is SPICY ITALIAN (whoot! whoot!) with provolone, toasted, all the veggies (no black olives - ick!), salt and pepper and oil and vinegar. it makes my whole day when i get to eat one. :D

YUM-O-LICOUS!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    really my favorite subway item is their COOKIES!!! thank goodness I was able to control my urge today!!!

MMMMMMMMMMM they are sooooo good!!