Flab to Fab over 40 with exercises at home

Options
I am looking for tips to keep and gain a bit of muscle while losing weight. I am 41 and have lost 10 pounds since January. I have 30-40 pounds still to go. I have a treadmill an elliptical and a wave master stationary punching bag. I just ordered a 20pound kettle ball and resistance bands from amazon. I was about 20 pounds lighter in early 2012 and able to run a 15k with a 10 minute mile. Not fabulous but much better than where I am today! I have spent the last 2 years sedentary going to grad school with zero exercise. Sadly just getting back to being able to briskly walk 3 miles this last 6 weeks has been a challenge! Now I am looking for ideas and help figuring out how to lean out and tone up focusing on fat loss without losing muscle - using the tools I have at home. I appreciate all feedback!! Thank you!

Replies

• lemonblossom
    lemonblossom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 41 also I can't believe how hard this is! There is a website called blogilates, there is a beginners calendar you start with and only do what you can because it really kicks your butt!
    I had to stop for a while due to an unrelated back injury but I plan on starting again asap.