How many carbs do you eat daily?

Options
Sunshine48205
Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
Just curious. They give me about 160 but I try to stay near 100 grams most days. I feel like my weight loss will slow down with the more carbs I consume. Total I'll eat 151 today and I feel bad about it.. so just curious how much others consume daily and still lose weight?

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    ~18g of net carbs.

I lose weight because of a calorie deficit..not because of lack of carbs.
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat Between 155-185 of carbs
  • Frosty44
    Frosty44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb, high protein eating plan and am trying to hit 59 carbs per day. I cheat some days and it's above that, but I'm losing weight slowly but surely and feel great and am not starving!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have always had carbs set at 40% of my calories. For me, that is currently a base of 150 grams daily. I don't always eat that many but am generally close. I lost 63 pounds in 53 weeks eating approximately 40% of my calories in carbs. I lost weight due to maintaining a calorie deficit.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Around 250 usually.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    On the high side ~220 on the low side ~100
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    500g+
  • Sunshine48205
    Options
    thanks for the replies. I think I'll switch it up (some days higher others lower).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just curious. They give me about 160 but I try to stay near 100 grams most days. I feel like my weight loss will slow down with the more carbs I consume. Total I'll eat 151 today and I feel bad about it.. so just curious how much others consume daily and still lose weight?

I am equally curious as to who gave you 160 grams, why you try to stay near 100 instead, why you feel weight loss will slow down with more carbs (do you mean carbs percentage or exceeding your total calorie goal?), and why you feel bad for eating under the goal "they" gave you?
  • lgrimm70
    lgrimm70 Posts: 15
    Options
    My boyfriend is a fitness and nutrition trainer he has me on 165 Protein 40 fats and 45 carb right now. My body functions better with a low carb high fat
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

I lose weight because of a calorie deficit..not because of lack of carbs.

This. I eat 240g/day.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    As much as I want. Especially around long ride / run weekends.
  • Sunshine48205
    Options

I am equally curious as to who gave you 160 grams, why you try to stay near 100 instead, why you feel weight loss will slow down with more carbs (do you mean carbs percentage or exceeding your total calorie goal?), and why you feel bad for eating under the goal "they" gave you?

"They"? Mfp gave me 156 but Ive been told that eating lower carbs helps with faster weight loss. I just wanted to know from people who have loss a nice amount of weight if they consumed more or less than me
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    550g
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 250-little over 300 grams.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    lgrimm70 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is a fitness and nutrition trainer he has me on 165 Protein 40 fats and 45 carb right now. My body functions better with a low carb high fat

That's a lot of protein. Definitely wouldn't consider that a high fat diet. You should up your fats and drop your protein if you are going to go that low of carb.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 240 which right now is 40% of my macros. Carbs are fuel.
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I eat 20 g each day, because I'm following Atkins
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Maximum of 712 to date, ended that day a bit short of my calorie goal though.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Maximum of 712 to date, ended that day a bit short of my calorie goal though.
    Impressive