Chia seeds... do they work for weightloss?

Options
13»

Replies

• raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    If used them I would want to have them in a shake. Just so they don't taste as bad.

That's the only way I use them. I throw them in the blender with a banana, strawberries, steelcut oats, peanut butter, and some muscle milk.

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds do have some nutritional benefits. I don't put them in drinks though because they get slimey... But i do throw some in to whatever when I'm cooking and also throw them into whatever I'm baking too. :D
  • bonniepwest
    bonniepwest Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was having some digestive problems due to going low-carb, so my nutritionist suggested chia seeds for the fiber. I put a teaspoon in scrambled eggs (which took some getting used to) and a tablespoon in my smoothies, along with a tbsp of flax. I have started milling the seeds first, however, because they were so gritty just blended with the NutriBullet. It is more palatable that way, but I don't know if I'm getting the same fiber benefits. Definitely not a weight loss cheat, though.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    See, I have digestive issues too. I would use them for that as well. Taking fiber supplements don't seem to work for me.