Friends and support wanted

:smile: :smile: My name is Kim and I am so happy to find a group like this at the moment I struggle to stay on the right track and would love to have the friendship and support I want to get in shape and be healthy so bad at least 40 lbs would be nice

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Sent you a request:blushing:
  • PortiaBentley
    PortiaBentley Posts: 381 Member
    Hi Kim - relax you ARE among friends! We are all on the same journey, althogh our mode of transport may differ and our speeds are variable. (sorry can't resist a good metaphor).

I've now lost 29lbs since I started my journey after 15 years of being obese and being the wrong side of 50. I am not on a diet - I have changed my life style. I have about the same to lose again so I will be here for a while. I didn't try to do everything at once either - so my exercise programme was very gentle to begin with just walking and swimming (because I like both) and I've added the Gym only recently.

what kind of programme have you decided on? I'm on health eating but a lot of people seem to be doing the 5/2 at present (I knew that wouldn't work for me so didn't want to go down that road) and in any case it didn't fit with the 'i'm not on a diet' statement for me, but its important to do what works for you.

So, keep in touch, tell us how you are getting on and when you have a bad day it sometimes helps to 'confess' and get it out of your system. On here too there are plenty of exercise choices which also show you how many calories you have used so that's really helpful.

Good luck!

Carole