I need a kick up the B-hind. Feel free ...

Options
I have plateaued for.... about a year now I think. Can't seem to get below 11.5 - 11.10 stone. My goal is to lose about a stone, anymore will be a bonus. I exercise 5 times a week, weights and cardio and I know what I need to do... I need to eat slightly less and a lot better, drink more water and pull my socks up. Feel free to tell me to man the f up and any advice or motivation will be much appreciated.

Replies

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Your probably eating above your mainetenance in calories.
  • becca5446
    becca5446 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I have started to make myself log EVERYTHING, like my coffee creamer. I hate to see the calories in the red so that helps me. Maybe hang a bikini you want to get into or some short-shorts you want to wear this summer or a picture of yourself at your thinnest on the fridge to remind you every time you get something to eat? I like to jiggle my belly when I feel like going over my calories and telling myself that will never come off if you keep eating ha ha.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Just do it. :)

No really.

Just start already. Once you start it will come naturally.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you know already, but you can't workout a bad diet (or one of many calories).

What works for me is to do a good grocery shop. Then pre-plan days according to what you have in. If I have the food, I eat it. I don't go find it elsewhere. If I'm left to my own devices (especially if I've had a crappy work day) WATCH OUT, crazy lady coming through.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. Start pre-planning/logging your meals and stick with the menu.

I usually eat the same stuff mostly weekly (you don't have to of course, add some variation if you fancy it). I only keep those foods in the house. That way there's nothing else to eat except the food I'm supposed to be eating anyway.
  • clarebigbelly
    clarebigbelly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you... I'm so bad at cooking. I work from home so I am constantly near my kitchen and a bit of a fridge picker to say the least. I am going to start logging everything from tomorrow. I need to eat a lot cleaner. I am a vegetarian and a lot of my protein comes from Quorn which isn't the best but I find when I am being good, I just eat that and a pile of vegetables for a balanced meal.