is my food holding me back?

Options
currently i am counting calories and losing around 2lbs a week or thereabouts..but i cannot really see much difference in the stomach area...i am usually reaching my calorie allowance or sometimes slightly below and of course i exercise every day....but i dont really see much of a difference round the stomach area...is it because im not eating things like salads etc but instead just having smaller portions of foods i enjoy

I have cut out much of the fast food and big meals last thing at night

Or am i just to impatient...i have lost 13lbs in space of say 8 or 9 weeks

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i think it depends on how much you have to lose. and how you body loses the weight depending on your body composition. so you are losing 13lbs all over your body not just your stomach.

i had 100lbs to lose I'm not sure i really saw it in my stomach a difference until around 25lbs loss. and now that I'm down 50lbs i can really see a difference with just 10lbs up or down. but again everyone is different. just keep the scale moving
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The stomach area is very often just the last placr to go. Most of the time it's just a matter of patience.
  • Princess_in_training84
    Options
    Thank you...i am desparately trying to drop a couple of dress sizes for a wedding in august....it is a good job i love the gym
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    you lose weight in proportion with your body type, by the looks of it u're probably an apple so your belly might be one of the last things to go. 13 pounds is great for that time, so be a bit more patient, keep working out though , u'll soon see the diff :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    13lbs in 8 weeks is awesome - great job! Unfortunately the weight loss process decides where the fat comes from, you don't get much say. I suffer from impatience as well, so you're in good company. Keep doing what you're doing and it will even out.