Newest diet: a patch sewed on your tongue

Options
lilalief
lilalief Posts: 76 Member
Ok, I just read this article that I would like to share with you. I think it's bizarre, but I really wanted to share it with you! :)

So, this article (in Dutch) was about a patch that can be sewed on your tongue. This diet is invented by Nikolas Chugay. This should result in weight loss, since it's extremely hard to eat solid food with a plastic patch sewed on your tongue. The only thing you will be capable of eating is liquid food such as soup and water. This patch can stay in your mouth for less than a month, otherwise you run the risk of having the patch grown into your tongue. When it does, it's really hard -or even impossible- to take out the patch.

Of course, there are risks involved. The risks listed in the article are a swollen tongue, not being able to talk anymore, and problems sleeping.

Here's a video for the ones who are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m0Dt6sMOwS8#!
(the man in the video is Nikolas Chugay).

Article in Dutch:
http://www.ze.nl/p/147683/extreme_dieettrend:_afvallen_door_stukje_plastic_op_tong

I found an article about this in English:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2335786/The-extreme-weight-loss-method-The-dieters-having-patch-sewn-tongues-make-eating-unbearably-painful.html

I hope you enjoyed it ;)
Take care.

PS. Sorry if I posted it on the wrong forum, I didn't really know where to put such an article.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Someone already had a thread about this in the last 24 hrs I think. I think it is horrible but better than getting surgery on your stomach. Anyway if people wanted to they can drink just as many calories as eating them.. just use a straw and add fatty or other high calorie things to your drinks. It might help for some, won't help for all.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've got a better idea, why not just cut your tongue out altogether

this is crazy, it's just totally crazy. and totally unsustainable. Because if the only reason why you're no longer overeating is because you have a piece of plastic sewn into your tongue, then what are you going to do when it's removed? Or is it not going to be removed?

but actually you can still eat enough to overeat if you eat nothing but liquid food. I had a jaw infection from an impacted wisdom tooth, and I managed to eat enough to not lose muscle mass. I just made high calorie protein powder smoothies, i.e. protein powder, full fat dairy, lots of frozen fruit and added honey to bump up the calories. It was delicious. And I had soup as well. I'm sure if you had that tongue patch you'd still be able to stuff your face with ice cream all day. And soups can be very high in fat and carbs.

So yeah. Crazy, stupid, and unlikely to work for the truly determined overeater who has a food processor.
  • scot1026
    scot1026 Posts: 43
    Options
    That is old news. I remember seeing that on some talk show about 10 years or so ago. If you were ignorant enough to try this it would most likely impair your speech more than anything while in place
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    garbage idea. why would someone in their right mind do this?
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    ewww !!!!!!!! that is sooooo creepy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah ... a wee bit extreme. Would rather have my lips sewn together I think.