Double chins.. do they go away? Face pictures anyone?

Options

Replies

• Rawls65
    Rawls65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like I will lose the double chin when the weight comes off. Now just hope I don't have that wattle.. (which I think I spelled waddle in an earlier post.. ha ha.. I don't wan that either! LOL )
  • johnsonGA15
    Options
    My chins have faded away, but this gut on me has not. Congratulations on your road to becoming healthier.
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sure :)

Before:

60m4z7cp67dp.jpg

More recently:

06i6w670nq0z.jpg

Such a pretty lady!
  • alyciamoyer5
    Options
    Whistles ="McCloud33;31647083"]it happens for sure :D

u9mrzv5l57na.jpg
    [/quote]

• techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    10 Weeks, 50 pounds.

face-compare.jpg
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    049kxd9pg4rt.jpg

• Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures! You are all very motivating!!
  • ShellF415
    Options
    Aww, thank you. Just a lot of food tracking and exercise though. Believe me, if I can do it, literally ANYONE can.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Yes but I warn you there is a period where you will not necessarily look healthy the skin takes longer to bounce back as we age and you may have a period where people think you look sickly. So if you should find yourself at that stage don't get discouraged that stage doesn't last forever.

Yes, this happened to me. For some reason, my face got so gaunt. I was discouraged but knew that getting the weight off was more important than how my face and neck looked. Fortunately, it seems to be filling back out.

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    even at 115 pounds I had a double chin, I used to joke I'm part bull-frog =) I had mine sucked out about 7 years ago, couldn't be happier!! Genetics will play a role, I think a good theory is if you had or didn't have one when you were younger and or thinner (like I did ) then you can expect that when you're done losing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Very nice pics so far with great successes attached.

But OP is 49 (and I'm up there too).

So I'm still waiting for someone over the age of 45 to post before and after double chin pics.
    Guess I don't count (44 1/2 y/o). I had a frog neck, like Boss Nass from Phantom Menace.

Me in Dec 2011, about 320#
    uhxdzpwvq9r9.jpg

Me in Feb 2015, 160#
    64h3m1xvo025.png

• ShellF415
    Options
    I'm turning 46 next month so I'm in that club too.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've sort of been wondering the same thing. I've always had a droopy chin, even when I was younger and not obese. As big as I've gotten, I'm worried about winding up with a turkey neck when I lose a lot of weight. It's not that it would be the worst thing in the world, but I like my current "cherubic" face. You've inspired me to take before pics of my face.
  • andst5001
    andst5001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    May not be as clear but here you go...29jdpzh2fd1d.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yup, they go away:
    d9d01883-6bf1-41c1-b81c-975c14b7962a_zpsf6c26ce3.jpg

f8276364-3437-4c9c-a18a-615fc2351a86_zps15c1ee71.jpg[img][/img]
  • Rawls65
    Rawls65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow! You all look amazing! You all inspire me me to want to get to my goal weight! All of your before and after pictures are amazing! I know it was hard work and dedication to get to the place you are now. I hope I can stick it out to see these kind of results! You all look great!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My chin has been going away, gradually. First pic is from before I started losing weight in May 2014, and the other is today. I've lost over 75 pounds so far. Oh, and by the way, I'll be 45 in June. I'm also a little worried about a waddle, but not enough that I won't continue to lose weight. :) Lots of moisturizer and hydration (i.e. drink lots of water!).

r2yswltzujoa.jpg
  • maryann123115
    maryann123115 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Here's mine after a 77lbs loss
    sryko7zep1z2.jpg
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here's mine after a 77lbs loss
    sryko7zep1z2.jpg

wow amazing !!- can I also ask.. what height are you/age and do you have any loose skin anywhere i.e. arms/stomach etc. ? I know personal.. but if you could shed some light thanks x you just look so amazing! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!