What time do you stop eating the days calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    midnight.
    anything after gets logged on next days snacks.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat once I'm actually sleeping-- it's easier to keep from choking that way.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    11:59:59 p.m.

Anything after that goes on the next day.

But I'm usually in bed before that so, realistically, I'm nearly always done eating by 10 p.m.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat after dinner (I often finish dinner with ice cream or some cheese, however). But I frequently eat dinner really late, so no specific time.
  • SkinnyCat39
    SkinnyCat39 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    8pm Central Time
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    ummmm when im not hungry any more?

time doesnt affect weight loss. eat at midnight if you want.

i want cake right now but (1) id have to make it and (2) i have no calories left so...

now i close my diary usually after dinner- you can edit it after youve closed it, so thats not a concern.

Yup, this is me exactly. My day goes from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. I close my diary after dinner, but if its 1am, I have a hankering for something and I still have calories left, I'll eat , drink, be merry lol and amend my diary.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I never really stop eating.. sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to have a snack
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm feeling fully satisfied for the day. Usually 11pm ish
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    When The Quota is met.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I don't close my diary out until I go to bed (often 1-2am) anything I eat before going to bed goes on that day, unless I have no calories left then it goes on the new day. (I usually have calories left because I don't generally eat back all of my exercise calories).
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I stop eating the days calories by 8

I stop when I've reached my calorie goals. Sometimes I've eat at 10 at night, other times not after 7. It depends on if I'm hungry or not, and if I have any calories left.

When you heat has zero to do with weight loss.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I try to stop eating by 8 PM but leave my diary open just in case i do eat something before bed. I try not to do that because it is not good for weight loss. on the other hand when i used to close my diary earlier than bed time I would put the late calories on the next day's diary starting out with calories already on the day used to make me upset.
  • anomalyk614
    anomalyk614 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter, so I have my diary set up in 6 hour blocks - 0000-0600, 0600-1200, 1200-1800, and 1800-2359. It makes more sense to me than breakfast lunch dinner with my schedule. My calories are counted from midnight to midnight - so my lunch at 2 am is usually my first meal of the day in mfp.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I heard that you should finish eating 12 hours before bed so the insulin fairy doesn't come and store energy in your fat cells. So for me that is 9am.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    im usually still stuffing my face with dried dates and milk on the way to the bedroom to sleep :)

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »
    I heard that you should finish eating 12 hours before bed so the insulin fairy doesn't come and store energy in your fat cells. So for me that is 9am.

lmao :laugh: :flushed:

• amoynoodle
    amoynoodle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When i have no more! haha. Dont get home till 8 most days after work and gym, and have to be in bed by 10.30ish (up at 05.30) so i dont have a choice but to eat lots of cals late, and close to bedtime! Im pretty sure timing makes no odds though.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Immediately before I go to bed. I almost always have a chocolate bar before I go to bed since I'm usually a bit hungry and I won't be able to sleep otherwise. Most of the time I'm fine leaving calories for it, but even if it would push me over I still have it anyway. I'd rather go 100 calories over one day than not be able to sleep that night.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry I eat till I run out of calories, if I'm under (I don't know how but once I tried to close my diary and it said I hadn't eaten enough so I had a full fat hot chocolate and went to bed!) Usually I stop when I'm not hungry any more. It's good practice for a recovering binger to stop at the right time and leave a few calories (which I then 'spend') on a Friday night.