Running sneaker suggestions????

Options
Hey guys!

I've started running lately but my sneakers aren't the best. Can anyone give me some good suggestions? Thanks!
:)

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    All the major brands are pretty comparable to each other. Each brand, however, have slight variations. The brand I find most comfortable may not be the one you like most. Some people swear by Asics, I hate them. There is nothing wrong with the brand, they just don't suit my foot.

I strongly suggest visiting a running store and getting fitted. They can help pick which model of shoe is best for you and you can try a few different brands. A lot of stores also allow you to try them for a week and return them if they don't work.
  • syb8504
    syb8504 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to this but Nike has a good running shoe..
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'd go to a running store to get fitted/assessed and to ask which shoe will best meet your needs. I wear Brooks Adrenalin, but it isn't the right shoe for my daughter or husband. They both needed something different. I also wear Super Feet orthotics, but you might not (or migiht) need them. So, your best bet is to go to a running store.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yup. Go get fitted. They'll help you find a good one based on your stride and your arch support needs.
  • danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I used to always wear asics or new balance, I have recently found a brand called Inov-8 they do a wide variety of shoes from weight lifting to cross training to pure running, these have been the most comfortable lightweight shoes I have ever had the pleasure of wearing
  • RealMenEatPlants
    Options
    Another vote to go get fitted. I have Brooks and love them but there are a lot of great shoes out there and you definitely get what you pay for!
  • kCalCrusher
    kCalCrusher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Brooks (Adrenaline line specifically). I had a pair of Mizzuno Waveriders that ran a close second (no pun intended).
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Another vote for going to a running store to get fitted and assessed. I recently did this and have been kicking myself for not doing it sooner. It was absolutely the best thing I've done for me recently. :)
  • cje151
    cje151 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Brooks. They're hideous but great for running lol
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Another vote for going to a running store to get fitted and assessed. I recently did this and have been kicking myself for not doing it sooner. It was absolutely the best thing I've done for me recently. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i posted the same thing awhile back. i didnt like the answer (go to a running store)

so i bought online.

my shoes didnt HURT---- they SET MY FEET ON FIRE! (and not in a good way!)

went to a running store.

love my shoes.

i think you know what to do.
  • bxue
    bxue Posts: 3
    Options
    I love love love Nike running shoes! I recently got my new pair of Nike Free Runs and they're the best thing ever.

However, like everyone else has mentioned, getting fitted/assessed is always a good idea. Everyone's feet and strides are different so what might work for 1 person might not work for another.

Good luck! :blush:
  • dirtydeanz
    Options
    Haha thanks everyone! I'll stop at a store tomorrow. Totally didn't even cross my mind to get professional help. I appreciate your advice! :)
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Asics!
  • RNZLR
    RNZLR Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a New Balance guy but the key is to get a fitting done. This will be a HUGE help in determining the right type of shoe for your foot (flat, arched, etc) and then you can decide which brand. Most dedicated running shops will do this for free. Just my $.02
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    dirtydeanz wrote: »
    Haha thanks everyone! I'll stop at a store tomorrow. Totally didn't even cross my mind to get professional help. I appreciate your advice! :)

Go to a real running shop - like Fleet Feet, Running Room, etc. Not Dicks, Sports Authority, etc.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I love Asics
  • choward254
    Options
    I love my Brooks :)