Nutrition percents

Hello everyone ! I have been on a diet for the past four weeks now and I am concerned with the fact that my nutrition percents seem to always juggle from high to low in carbs sodium and postasium . I have been eating mostly organic and try to find low sodium and low calorie items as much as possible . But I feel as if I can never meet the standards .

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Unless you have a medical condition that requires it, you probably need not worry about sodium.

A ton of foods in the database don't list any potassium, even when it is present (in large part because potassium content is not a labeling requirement in the US - not sure about elsewhere).

Carbs may be worth paying attention to depending on your activity.

I personally set my protein and fat percentages at MFP so they give me a specific gram total that I shoot for daily (as a minimum); I know them so well by now that I know what the actual target is, and ignore when MFP ups my daily targets due to logged exercise. Sometimes I am over, sometimes I am under. As long as I am striving to hit my fat and protein, I am pretty content to let the remaining calories fall where they may in terms of macronutrients (I don't do a lot of endurance activity and don't really suffer, performance-wise, from having too few carbs for any stretch).

The MFP targets are just arbitrary targets. I wouldn't stress too much about trying to construct a "perfect" day, let alone regularly hitting that day.

As with all things, YMMV.
  • alexiscastro_805
    alexiscastro_805 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much for the advice and yes you are right I do not have any medical conditions. I'm happy you responded because it helps me realize in a different perspective .
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    This is one way
    ~ reach protein target most days. Prioritize protein
    ~try to reach fat when you can as it is essential to lots of body process.
    ~eat carbs or not. If you do not reach the carb goal that is good because you have more room for fat and protein.