How Fat Exits The Body

Options
So they are saying 20% of weight lost will exit your body as water weight and the remaining 80% as carbon dioxide.. As you are breathing out when exercising.
Interesting read:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/12/141216212047.htm

Replies

• mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    urine and breath in form of ketones from some book I read.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    This TED talk on the same theme is worth a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    fat + oxygen -> CO2 + water. CO2 exits in the breath.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't give a darn how it exits.. As long as it exits! :wink:
  • ColeyBear1104
    ColeyBear1104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This TED talk on the same theme is worth a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE
    LOVE TED talks!!!
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hm, I assumed it was largely from poop.

Sooo can I use breathing exercises to get skinny? Or better yet can I sell over priced DVDs and supplements to the desperate on the premise of "breathing your way to a beach body"? It obviously would work best with a quality cleanse, I would sell those as well. Hell! I'll throw in the first 30 day cleanse cycle if you order now!

Jokes and sarcasm, I'm down 1.3 this morning and feeling giddy.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Drewlssix wrote: »

Sooo can I use breathing exercises to get skinny? Or better yet can I sell over priced DVDs and supplements to the desperate on the premise of "breathing your way to a beach body"? It obviously would work best with a quality cleanse, I would sell those as well. Hell! I'll throw in the first 30 day cleanse cycle if you order now!

Or better yet, can you get fat from breathing in carbon dioxide on a foggy day?
  • ThisGirlWins
    ThisGirlWins Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Scary thought :s
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    750 grams of CO2 and 600 grams of water from 270g (half a pound) of fat.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The trick is to breathe out more than you breathe in. lol
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    that ted talk was awesome, thanks for posting that
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I'm going to continue assuming it is. Pooping is more satisfying than breathing, I like to feel involved in my fat loss.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »

I'm going to continue assuming it is. Pooping is more satisfying than breathing, I like to feel involved in my fat loss.

You can also jump on the scales straight after.....yes we all know we do!
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »

More satisfying or not, I've heard of people starving themselves because they were weighing what was going in and what was coming out and limiting their intake based on the difference.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I don't give a darn how it exits.. As long as it exits! :wink:

This :)
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    I like knowing that we breathe most of it out. It gives me an incentive to push my exercise intensity up, because the more out of breath I am, the more fat there is that is leaving my body.
  • RNSCI
    RNSCI Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweat is fat crying. :D
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

You'd need chloroplasts to do that.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    The TED talk was great. I like knowing stuff like this. Of course, sciences were always a favorite subject in school too.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    When you don't eat enough, you dream about food. When you dream about food it attracts food fairies. When the food fairies show up and find out that its just dream food and not real food they get pissed off, grow fangs and suck fat from your body.

I thought this was common knowledge.