5' 1", 129lbs should I still worry about weight loss?

Options
I'm quite new to my fitness pal and am feeling like the scales are dictating how I feel about myself and am becoming obsessed with noting what I eat. I had 3 children close together and so had put on about 2 stone which I have now lost, but now I have it in my head that I would like to weigh 8 1/2 stone but I am not sure that that is a realistic goal. I am actually happy with how i look, but still feel that i ought to weigh less. Any advice?

Replies

• gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think you know the answer to this already based on your post.
    If your BMI is healthy and you're happy with how you look, it's a no-brainer.
  • katwal1987
    katwal1987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1" and am 8.5 stone.
    I know I am at a healthy BMI but can still see I have chunky thighs, hips and bum so am aiming for 8 stone whilst also starting to lift weights to try and maintain and develop muscle so that I look a better shape.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am actually happy with how i look

then what else is there to know!?

enjoy the extra calories you get at maintenance!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It's all in how you feel. I'm 5'1" and am at 144. If I got to 129 I'd be thrilled lol. I have a larger frame size though so 129 would be a perfect weight for me. My goal is 125 but I'd settle for anything between 125-130. If your happy with how you look then don't focus so much simply on weight loss, focus on staying healthy :)