The scale....your experiences

Options
2»

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and if the numbers on there don't bother you then there is no need for you to put the scale away. Weigh every day if you want to, just be consistent about the time of day you're weighing. I completely rely on the number on the scale. It's how I track how many pounds I've lost because I haven't been taking measurements. My clothes fitting better has been good enough for me in that respect.

I also like to track my weight every day because if you look at the graph over the long term, there's a nice downward trend. However, by tracking every day my graph is not linear which serves as a nice reminder that sometimes I gain a bit, sometimes I lose a bit, but if the big picture is a down slope than I'm doing good!
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    every friday morning as soon as i wake up wearing just my underwear so i get an accurate reading each week. i find my end of the week weigh in keeps me on track waiting to see if its a loss...
  • Jctill
    Jctill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. Usually after a weekend of not paying attention to what I eat, my Monday morning weigh in snaps me back to reality. So, it's more motivational to me.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day sometimes morning and night. I know usually within 1/2 pound what I will weigh. I track on a spreadsheet every day have a "note" section where I can "remind" myself of goals, bad food choices, etc. That being said, I only log once a week.
    Many fret if the scale varies up a day or two, but I know that is normal for me and as long as on my "log" day is a loss I'm okay. Everyone knows or soon learns what works for them and should stick to that schedule. I personally need that constant reminder. If I'm up for the day, I know I need to really watch, but I don't let it ruin my day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!