Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meal plan you have had success with?

Hello, everyone!

I was curious what kind of meal plan you have had success with gaining muscle mass the most. I'm 6'2 and 210lbs.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Eating all the things :)

(Making sure to hit macros (and attempt micros) but that's the boring bit)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    The Sea Food diet.

Oops, I meant the See Food diet (see food eat food)

No srsly, the one where I ate .8g protein per lb of weight, added 250 cals per day (500 for men)over a carefully worked out maintenance and lifted heavy 3x per week. It was the meticulousness that did it!

I also believe in nutrition partitioning but that's a whole other story and it's because I train for triathlon.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    The Sea Food diet.

Oops, I meant the See Food diet (see food eat food)

No srsly, the one where I ate .8g protein per lb of weight, added 250 cals per day (500 for men)over a carefully worked out maintenance and lifted heavy 3x per week. It was the meticulousness that did it!

I also believe in nutrition partitioning but that's a whole other story and it's because I train for triathlon.

So you mean 500 calories on top of what this app suggests for me already (It's about 3000)?
    I am now going by what you and others suggested in a previous thread and sticking with the .8 per pound of weight.

Also I'm correctly doing a micro cycle program where each week I bump up weight and lower the reps, do you think that will yield better results or should I always be lifting heavy with low reps?

• Timbur_Wolf
    3laine75 wrote: »

Lately I've been going over my marcos by a lot (probably not a good thing lol). Guess I was looking for what others have been eating and see what they suggested.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    It's worth finding out what your total daily calorie requirements are by picking a number and weighing yourself every day and averaging out every 7, for a few weeks.

That would be your maintenance figure. Then add 500.

OR add 500 now and see if you put on a pound a week or not, then you know you're right.

All I know about lifting is heavy, short sets, and progressively heavier. I try and go to failure at some point during the last set, unless it's unsafe form wise. I use Strong Curves, Fit For Life, new rules of lifting for women, but people use starting strength and lots of other programmes. I personally adapt things to suit a more feminine look.

Please wait for expert advice re what you should do there.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member

Lately I've been going over my marcos by a lot (probably not a good thing lol). Guess I was looking for what others have been eating and see what they suggested.

If I go over protein or fat macros, I don't really care - I have set what I want for minimums.

IMO it's pretty easy to get what your body needs while bulking without paying too much attention (as a male, you'll have even more calories to play with so easier still).

Now cutting, that's a pain in the *kitten* and I'm having to try to 'clean' things up a bit just so I have enough volume of food. I try to be a bit stricter with the macros while cutting too.

You've got it easy - get the calories in and the workouts done and you'll be sorted.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    It's worth finding out what your total daily calorie requirements are by picking a number and weighing yourself every day and averaging out every 7, for a few weeks.

That would be your maintenance figure. Then add 500.

OR add 500 now and see if you put on a pound a week or not, then you know you're right.

All I know about lifting is heavy, short sets, and progressively heavier. I try and go to failure at some point during the last set, unless it's unsafe form wise. I use Strong Curves, Fit For Life, new rules of lifting for women, but people use starting strength and lots of other programmes. I personally adapt things to suit a more feminine look.

Please wait for expert advice re what you should do there.

Ah okay, I'll stick with adding 500 and see how that works out for me. I appreciate the input!

Yeah, the program I'm currently doing involves the rest-pause technique. Seems to work well. I might just stick with heavy weights/low reps but, also incorporate rest-pause as well.

Thanks again for the info :)

• Timbur_Wolf

If I go over protein or fat macros, I don't really care - I have set what I want for minimums.

IMO it's pretty easy to get what your body needs while bulking without paying too much attention (as a male, you'll have even more calories to play with so easier still).

Now cutting, that's a pain in the *kitten* and I'm having to try to 'clean' things up a bit just so I have enough volume of food. I try to be a bit stricter with the macros while cutting too.

You've got it easy - get the calories in and the workouts done and you'll be sorted.

Oh yeah, cutting is a definitely a pain. Been there before lol, I can't say that I enjoyed it much (the results were nice though!). Thank you, I'll stick to it then :)