Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Seriously... why am I so hungry?

2»

Replies

• libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    I don't care really if I lose pounds honestly. I am just trying to eat healthier and make smarter choices since I cannot do cardio.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    All carbs. And Bananas, even though fruit and healthy, will make me hungrier after I eat one that I was before I ate it.

Salads with protein, eggs, fish, beans, greek yogurt, beef jerky, almonds, etc are much better for satiety.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    um i would starve if that was my breakfast, lunch and snack. your not eating enough and definatly not enough filling foods. more protien, more fat.

Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 4 cup (8 fl oz)
    Coffee Mate - Hazelnut (Liquid) - Creamer (Sugar Free), 6 tbsp
    Milton's - Multigrain English Muffin, 1 Muffin
    Carol's Sam Club Rose Fully Cooked 97% Fat Free - Canadian Bacon Slices, 4 slices
    Tillamook - Pepper Jack Cheese Sliced, 1 Slice
    Kirkland Signature - Egg Whites - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 6 Tbsp ( 46g)
    419 calories 44 carb 15 fat 30 protien

Snack 1
    Bob's Red Mill - High Fiber Oat Bran - Hot Cereal, 1/3 c (40 g)
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tbsp
    on - Gold Standard Natural Whey Protein (Vanilla), 1 rounded scoop (31g)
    278 clories 34 carbs 3 fat 31 protien

Lunch
    Earthbound Farm Organic - Spring Mix Salad Greens, 2 cups (85 gr. /3 oz)
    Fresh Gourmet - Premium Croutons - Italian Seasoned, 18 croutons
    Foster Farms - Chicken Breast Grilled Strips-Costco, 3 oz (84g)
    Newmans Own - Light Ginger Sesame Dressing, 4 TBLS (30g)
    Usda - Cucumber, Peeled, Raw (11206), 100 g
    297 calories 30 carb 8 fat 27 protien

994 total calories 108 carbs 26 fat 87protien

all before 4:00pm
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Yeah, I don't get much satisfaction out of fruit alone. I find that protein and fiber are the essential ingredients at breakfast for me, so I make a lot of veggie omelets and also find triscuits and hard cheddar cheese to be really satisfying. (Yes, I eat the 6 cracker serving, and then I use a sharp knife or cheese plane to measure out exactly one ounce of the cheese...sliced thin you'd be amazed at how much you get!) Those things keep me full, and then I add a whole grapefruit just because I love them and I find they are really refreshing.

Even the "lean" pockets are too calorically dense to be worth it to me...they don't have a big payoff in taste or satisfaction, either. Go for a big salad with some protein (salmon, chicken, shrimp) and sparing vinaigrette dressing.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    libby328 wrote: »
    I don't care really if I lose pounds honestly. I am just trying to eat healthier and make smarter choices since I cannot do cardio.

Good job! ;) You'll get lots of great advice about it here!