'I'm suppose to eat 1200 calories a day'

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I just started using this app. It also says I should be eating "1200 calories a day" but after I exercised it subtracted the 421 calories I burned. Then it wouldn't let me "complete my entry" because I was of course under my calorie intake because I burned them off and didn't eat an extra 421 calories. I can't eat 1600 calories in a day I can barely reach 1200.

How did you become over weight then??
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I just started using this app. It also says I should be eating "1200 calories a day" but after I exercised it subtracted the 421 calories I burned. Then it wouldn't let me "complete my entry" because I was of course under my calorie intake because I burned them off and didn't eat an extra 421 calories. I can't eat 1600 calories in a day I can barely reach 1200.

How did you become over weight then??

Maybe she had a baby? I put on weight in pregnancy and now I'm overweight, and I wasn't before. I logged all pregnancy and didn't eat above maintenance, and I exercised. Weight gain can happen without being a greedy pig!

Still, 1200 calories is low. I've done it before because I thought that's what I needed to do to lose weight, and you do get used to it, but it's easy to slowly increase calories too. 20g of peanut butter and 30g of cheese and that's 250 calories right there!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Throw in some nuts. Good fats, high calories and easy to snack on. Your certainly not doing your body any favors by under eating. Youll just put your body into starvation mode. When that happens, your body will quite literally tell itself to hang onto all fat and not burn any.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I put 4 Stone whilst being pregnant :( now i wiegh just under 15 stone.Trying to get down to 10 Stone.

I honestly am writing down everything even cups of tea. I'm just not eating and fatty foods!! And drinking LOTS of water. Maybe I'm not weighing my tea properly or somthing

I am 24 and 5'8. Last fall I was 202 pounds (14.5 stones) and dropped to 187 (13.3 stones) in 10 weeks by measuring and logging EVERYTHING. I was eating 1680 calories PLUS exercise calories.

You should really, really be eating more than 1200 calories. Your body needs fuel to operate properly. If you aren't losing and aren't hungry then you are eating more than 1200 calories and are weighing incorrectly. Healthy nutrient and calorie dense foods (like nuts and avocados) can help you get to your calorie goals. But you also need to learn to weigh and log properly.