Breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    you can never go wrong with eggs! they can be quick and easy or gourmet! I like to dice up veggies on the weekend when I have time so that I can do a quick scramble when I am busy during the week. or if I don't have time I just throw some eggs in a pan with some olive oil and we are good to go!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Baked scotch eggs? Hard boiled egg wrapped in sweet Italian sausage (I get the Jennie-O pack with 5 uncooked 3.9 oz (approx) links; one link per egg.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

230 calories (sausage, 160 calories; egg, 70 calories) Definitely portable.

I freaking love scotch eggs!

Hell yes! Making those for St. Patty's this weekend.

My breakfast suggestion, and I do this daily for a good protein boost in the a.m., is a two-egg omelete with 2 oz. of 99% lean ground turkey (seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne) and a slice of Swiss cheese. That's plenty of calories for my wimpy, restricted diet, but if I'm feeling saucy I add 1/4 of an avocado.
  • jackiekapaj
    jackiekapaj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my fave go to quick breakfast is 2% cottage cheese and a one of those cups of fruit in juice (dole is the brand I use) 1/2 cup cottage cheese gives you 90 cal and 10 grams protein. the fruit is between 60-80 cal for the 1/2 cup It's easy and quick and sticks with you. I have had the sleeve as well and the one thing I find that I have to be most careful with is to make sure I get enough protein during the day. So generally I stay away from any kind of cereal or such because they just don't pack the protein punch I need. Just remember when you use the fruit cups to make sure they have no added sugar - just packed in 100% juice.

I have also gone to a couple of ounces of chicken or some meat left over from dinner.

When I have more time I will make some kind of egg scramble.
  • Rahpunzyl
    Rahpunzyl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to make scrambled egg whites with spinach leaf lettuce and low fat cheese, then slice a little avocado and lay it across the top. Voila! Tasty and Healthy!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of egg muffins for breakfast. I try to get the lowest cal, highest protein muffin I can.

2 Franz Multigrain 100 English muffins - 200cal/10g protein
    1/2c egg whites cooked in non-stick pan - 65cals/13g protein
    4 slices Canadian bacon - 50cals/9g protein
    15g Kraft fat free cheddar cheese - 25c/4.5g protein

Total - 340cals and 36.5g protein. These will keep you going for hours. Sometimes I eat just one with a serving of Weetablix I have made into a porridge with stevia and unsweetened coconut/almond milk. It is like I ate two large rocks, so I only do this at work when I am going to be sitting on my butt anyway for the next 3-4 hours.

It takes me like 5-6 minutes in the morning to make them and then I reheat them in the microwave at work.
  • danalopez52
    danalopez52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about carb content, but I'll have the Dannon 80 calorie Greek yogurt and mix in 1/3 cup granola or fresh berries. I'll also toast a high fiber 100 calorie english muffin and put some light cheese and sometimes low sodium lunch meat (ham) on it and make a little sandwich. If not the english muffin, I'll use a 100 calorie round flat bread for sandwiches too. Sometimes instead of cheese or meat I'll use peanut butter...I'll have scrambled eggs on occasion too.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Never skip breakfast, your body needs the energy and it's necessary to improve your metabolism. If you don't have time or don't like it have something ready the night before...
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I have to be at work early and I am not a morning person, so every minute counts and no way I am cooking... Sometimes I have greek yougurt with frozen berries and maybe a table spoon of cereal or few nuts. Sometimes just some hot green tea with lemon to go. Often I just skip breakfast.
    Well, I do not really believe in "never skip breakfast". I've been gaining, maintaining, and loosing weight skipping breakfast. I start gaining when I eat too much and move too little. With my activity level I do not think that skipping breakfast slows down my metabolism.
  • mrsdanieljones2014
    Options
    Prquote="jellybeanhed313;31675069"]Egg "muffins". Spray a muffin tin well. Chop any veggies, meat, cheese you like and add to the mufffin tin. Top with scrambled eggs(or whites) and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min. You can make enough for the whole week and store them in the fridge. Just microwave a few seconds to warm.[/quote]

Do the eggs get that kind of crusty baked taste that eggs sometimes get, or do they stay moist? And do they stay good in the fridge all week? I have done this before and frozen them, and the eggs became water-logged. So gross! I've seen this recipe before on other sites, so I was just wondering before I try it again. Also, what is your guys' opinions of egg beaters over actual eggs? I love real eggs, and I don't have cholesterol problems right now, I just don't want to have them in the future!