How do you deal with people who bullied or shamed you when you were fat.

Options
Ok, obviously the answer would be to cut these people out of your life. But what about the people that you can't avoid like your boss, family.ect
I've lost 40 pounds since I saw my father in law last and I just know when he sees me he's going to comment on how I lost weight. If it were anyone else I would accept the compliment and move on, but for some reason it just irks me when people who used to fat shame me get the satisfaction of "being right" about how I should have lost weight. And still every time I do see him he goes on about how he doesn't like fat people, ugly people and to keep the peace I remain quiet. Man do I ever want to choke the ever loving *kitten* out of that man. This isn't the only person in my life who used to fat shame me that I still have to deal with on a semi regular basis. How does one keep the peAce when dealing with these jerks?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You're still giving him far too much power by over thinking it. Say, "Thanks" and move on.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Take pity on him and his narrow minded opinions and take pride in the great work you have done. Remember this is for you not anyone else
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You're still giving him far too much power by over thinking it. Say, "Thanks" and move on.

*nods*