Best tasting cereal with almond milk?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I use drink almond milk and I love cereal. I was wondering what your favorite cereals are paired with almond milk. I ask this because some cereals don't pair well. For example- corn flakes, Frosted flakes- I find to not taste good with almond milk. Honey comb however, yummy

Good old fashioned oatmeal, and not the quick cooking stuff either. :) Fruit on top and I'm set. :)
  • baldse90
    baldse90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter puffins! So good, and I'm not usually a fan of cereal becasuse I don't like cow's milk. I like them with almond milk, vanilla coconut milk, or dry. They come in varities other than peanut butter but in my opinon PB is best. My husband likes cows milk and says they're great with that too.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    EASY: Froot Loops with Marshmallows.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to cinnamon puffins recently and tried that with almond milk. Good stuff!
  • dterpsy
    dterpsy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maple Nut Oatmeal Crisp, Mini-Wheats or GoLean are all good with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • skylark2025
    skylark2025 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plain shredded wheat. ;)
  • peaceloveabby01
    peaceloveabby01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Special K regular or strawberry with unsweetened vanilla almond milk!
    Although I've recently switched over to unsweetened cashew milk and it's amazing!
  • lilbea89
    lilbea89 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Honey bunches of oats and muesli all the way!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Although I've recently switched over to unsweetened cashew milk and it's amazing!

^This. Mixing in a couple of fresh strawberries makes this perfect.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk goes with every kind of cereal I've ever eaten. Sweetened/vanilla flavored is sometimes a little too sweet for me.
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran MMMMMM
    That might be my favorite cereal but I never buy it. Idk why. Now I want

• itsjosiebitch
    Options
    I was introduced to cinnamon puffins recently and tried that with almond milk. Good stuff!

Yumm. Yes puffins are a good pair :) I reallyike the original
    baldse90 wrote: »
    Peanut butter puffins! So good, and I'm not usually a fan of cereal becasuse I don't like cow's milk. I like them with almond milk, vanilla coconut milk, or dry. They come in varities other than peanut butter but in my opinon PB is best. My husband likes cows milk and says they're great with that too.

• itsjosiebitch
    Options

Silk? Cashew milk?
  • itsjosiebitch
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I use drink almond milk and I love cereal. I was wondering what your favorite cereals are paired with almond milk. I ask this because some cereals don't pair well. For example- corn flakes, Frosted flakes- I find to not taste good with almond milk. Honey comb however, yummy

Good old fashioned oatmeal, and not the quick cooking stuff either. :) Fruit on top and I'm set. :)

Yum. I like oats and almond milk too. I had cold cereal on my mind for this topic though :)
  • itsjosiebitch
    Options
    runnrchic wrote: »
    I usually do not eat cereal because it does not fill me up, but if I do, it's a snack of ezekial flax. It's delicious.
    I need to try this. Does it taste like granola?
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I love cocoa puffs(100 calories per serving) with cashew milk or almond milk.
  • itsjosiebitch
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like cocoa puffs, Kashi go lean, and lucky charms with unsweetened Almond milk.
    Those are actually great with almond milk. (Kashi go lean vanilla graham for me)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the exact name, but Kashi Cinnamon shredded wheat. So yum!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I love anything with almond milk! Mind you, it took a lot of experimenting to even find one I really liked... The only one I will drink now is the Trader Joes Original. Honest, it tastes good period.

But yeah, I lean towards shredded wheat, multi-grain cheereos (my faaavorite in the world!) and rice crispies...almond milk is a win with all of those. Boring cereals LoL but I love them.
  • itsjosiebitch
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I always mix the almond milk with half a scoop of protein powder and pour over the cereal, its awesome, and u get to flavour the milk to go with whatever cereal you're using!

How much protein does in a scoop of protein powder? How many calories?