well lets get personal and discuss bathroom issues !

Options
hi so i'm hoping someone out there can help me with a certain ,um, problem i often face. i just recently changed my food database to list fiber. i often have plugged up issues. yup i know thanks for sharing. so i am wondering just how much fiber should i get. what are good sources? i don't really like to eat cereal, but if it would make a difference im open to suggestions! thanks friends

Replies

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    drinking more water will help with the "plugged up effect" it will soften your movements
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough fat, too. Dietary fat is a must when it comes to 'movement'.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Beans, preferably sprouted. (one of these days I'll practice this) Keeps it moving on :) Plus fat like Alatariel75 said. Tomorrow Chipotle for dinner because I'm feeling the same way.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Broccoli usually helps me get things going! Coffee, tea, and lots of water help too.
  • jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oye join the crowd
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I have this issue, I'll do a smoothie and a protein for lunch. The smoothie is half a cup trop50 oj, tbsp ground flax seed, 100g yogurt, 3 handfuls of spinach, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (I've just started weighing my food so those amounts for the fruit could be slightly off). But that smoothie clears up the "issue" very well!
  • peachinator
    peachinator Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yogurt tend to work pretty well for me.
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. Add them to yogurt or I have also had them in water (it's a bit weird I know). They are a great source of fat and fiber. They also help control appetite.
  • jordanify
    Options
    Avocado!
  • jordanify
    Options
    My little boy suffers from issues and natural foods along with a daily probiotic supplement works really well.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Running helps me. Seriously. :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Ill be adding many of these! Lately my anxiety has been on the high end and this seems to cause even more 'trouble' . Hate taking laxatives would rather have a better solution!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You could try Haribo sugar free gummy bears! :D These reviews will give you something to read while you're on the toilet ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/dp/B008JELLCA
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For me I notice a HUGE difference when I drink my water. I have suffered from this issue since I was a kid (ugh!) and when I drink my water as I should I sometimes go up to 2 times in one day!
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    the recommended daily amount of fiber for a woman is 25 grams.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    For me a large salad a few times a week works wonders. Too many things like pizza, nachos, or pigs in a blanket tend to stop me up. I've always had trouble with my bowel movements being to hard.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Coffee, water, fiber, fat
  • khalinel
    khalinel Posts: 27
    Options
    try a teaspoon of baking soda and some warm water just wait a few minutes and you're good.
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You could try Haribo sugar free gummy bears! :D These reviews will give you something to read while you're on the toilet ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/dp/B008JELLCA

I read those awhile back....hilarious!!!!!!!!!!