Workout and food

Options
I have joined a boot camp 3 times a week. I a wondering if I should've eating before workout or after. If so what is the best thing to eat. Which vitamins should I be taking ? Thanks everyone for your help.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It will depend. I often workout fasted. Others prefer to eat beforehand. Depends on how you feel/what you prefer.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do a boot camp at 5:30 in the morning. I eat a low fat cheese stick ( 80 cal) a half hour before I go. It gives be a little energy, but isn't so heavy in my stomach that it makes me sick if we do a lot of running or crunches,burpees, etc. I also start drinking water to make sure I'm hydrated. I take a multivitamin, vitamin d, flaxseed oil, and magnesium. Congrats on a path to a healthier you!
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't take the pills before I go, I take them with my breakfast. I need to eat them with a meal or it makes me sick.
  • maryamn4
    maryamn4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sarasari wrote: »
    I do a boot camp at 5:30 in the morning. I eat a low fat cheese stick ( 80 cal) a half hour before I go. It gives be a little energy, but isn't so heavy in my stomach that it makes me sick if we do a lot of running or crunches,burpees, etc. I also start drinking water to make sure I'm hydrated. I take a multivitamin, vitamin d, flaxseed oil, and magnesium. Congrats on a path to a healthier you!

Thank you! Any post workout foods?
  • verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it doesn't really matter. You whole calorie intake is much more important. I do eat before working out and eat after working out;)