134 pounds off and living healthy & happy.

Options
You know how it feels to be in such a deep sleep when you're dreaming and you think it's real? Until you wake up and you realize it was just a dream?!!... That's how my life kind of felt going from such obesity to now healthy. I see things clearly. I understand the importance of taking care of the body and mind because health and happiness go together!! At my heaviest weight of 280 pounds I was unrecognizable, I was unhealthy, my hair was falling out, my nails always broke, my eyes and my skin just looked unhealthy. Not only was I unrecognizable I didn't feel anything inside but misery. I was so sad dealing with my mother's death that I tried to smother myself with food. I abused food and it took a toll on my body. Obesity is crippling. Obesity is painful and not just physically but emotionally as well. One day I decided to no longer deal with a painful back, sore knees, exhaustion and complete fatigue. One day I decided I wanted to look in the mirror and recognize the person staring back at me and actually smile at her. One day I decided I wanted to feel joy and laugh with genuine delight. One day I decided I no longer wanted to feel pain on the constant!! One day I decided I wanted to keep up with my kids and actually play with them without being extremely tired and in pain. I began slowly. I started with tracking all my foods (watching what I ate how much I ate) learning about calories and macronutrients. Once I got this figured out and stayed consistent I began walking until I was able to lightly jog and that's when I began weight training. The process doesn't happen overnight. I learned how to eat for my goals and workout out for my goals and stayed consistent. I changed on the outside AND the inside as well. These days I'm happy. These days I'm no longer in pain. These days I can play with my kids. These days I can look in the mirror and recognize the woman staring back at me. These days I look forward to living.
My hope of sharing my story is that others will believe in themselves enough to try and make the changes needed to be happy and healthy. ♥️ #lvnfit #reshapingtanya #134poundsoffnowreshaping #nolongerobese #transformation #inspire

Replies

• brokenhalo99
    brokenhalo99 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing that. It always gives me hope when I hear stories such as yours. Sometimes it feels unobtainable so thank you for proving that it's not
  • brokenhalo99
    brokenhalo99 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way you look absolutely AMAZING!! Completely unrecognizable. Congratulations on all your hard work.
  • LVNFIT_TanyaSmith
    LVNFIT_TanyaSmith Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank You ☺️
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! Very inspiring!
  • SjoeraR
    SjoeraR Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, congrats! You look really great, it must not have been easy to get where you are now. I hope you can live a healthy and happy life now, you've earned it!
  • LVNFIT_TanyaSmith
    Options
    Thank You
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your story is really amazing and heartfelt and truly inspiring. What great motivation what supper success. Thanks for sharing. You have done such an amazing job!!!!! Gives the rest of us hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!
  • LVNFIT_TanyaSmith
    Options
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are an inspiration to me. I am at where you first started and I don't want to be like this any more. It is people like you who post these stories that really help to motivate the rest of us just starting our journey. So thank you!
  • ladykick73
    ladykick73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So inspiring!