Did I ruin this for myself? Please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I plugged your numbers into Scooby's calorie calculator.

This is what it gave me at moderately active:

BMR - 1385 (read - don't eat lower than this!)
    TDEE - 2148 (read - eat this amount to maintain)
    -10% - 1933 (this is what you eat to lose nice and slow - and you can lift at the same time! - you'll have lots of energy, lose inches.. feel great, and lose weight!!)
    And with his calc I don't eat back exercise calories right?

That's right. The calculations were done with activity level in mind (moderately active), so if you want to log your exercise, change the calorie burn to 1, as to not change any goals. Happy eating! hahaha

Now, the way I transitioned from 1300 to 1800 was I gradually added in 100 cals a day over a week, then another 100 over a week, until I got to 1800. It was scary, but not so bad when I got there! Just avoid the scale a bit as you are transitioning - if you've been eating low calories for a while, your body will scream "YAY FOOD!!" and you may gain a little.. but it will be temporary!!

wow the amount you lost is inspiring. do you think by doing this i could get to my goal by my birthday? its november 3rd. and is this how you lost weight?

Thank you! It's a work in progress!

I think you, for sure, lose it by your birthday! Just stick with it!
    I started by following MFP guidelines, set to 1.5lbs per week and sedentary activity level (I actually was pretty sedentary - well, lazy) ... I lost 20lbs by diet alone, I didn't exercise. Then I started to walk. MFP dropped my calories to 1200, and I ate at that level for 1 day. I couldn't do it so I started to do some research, and changed my goal to 1 pound per week, which gave me about 1400. Then as I was losing, my calorie level kept going back down. I started reading into Eat More to Lose Weight, and slowly upped my calories. The more weight I lost, the more active I became, and I joined a women's fitness/tkd class, which is 75 minutes, 3 times a week, plus I'm out and about with my kids, walking, etc.

I was eating at 1800 (after taking about a month to get to that level), and my scale loss slowed a little bit, but my inch loss was pretty crazy! So far I've lost 27 inches overall!!
    Lots of craziness happened over the last month, and I know I've lost muscle, and I hate it. I think I'm finally strong enough to start back to my normal routine!! :flowerforyou:
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    Thank you I think I'm going to up mine to 1400-1500 a day :)
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    110 sounds tiny but if medically it is good for you then do what is right for you!
    Forv ery short people with small or tiny frames - someone like me and the OP - 110 is a fabulous weight. Every pound shows on our frames and it's difficult for people who look at us to realize how little we weigh. People are frequently surprised when they hear my number (if I'm asked, I'll tell), and usually guess me at 125 or 130. Nope.
  • True_Believer92
    Options
    110 sounds tiny but if medically it is good for you then do what is right for you!
    Forv ery short people with small or tiny frames - someone like me and the OP - 110 is a fabulous weight. Every pound shows on our frames and it's difficult for people who look at us to realize how little we weigh. People are frequently surprised when they hear my number (if I'm asked, I'll tell), and usually guess me at 125 or 130. Nope.
    Exactly these
    12lbs are killing me! None of my clothes for right and I'm small boned too. My mother is 102 and 5'1. But she is one of those people that can eat a box of cookies no problem. Hah. I'm really hoping all this advice will help me lose my weight.