Fitbit

Options
Hiya everyone

I've done some research and I'm going to purchase the fitbit one.

My question is, I'm tempted to buy the scales also. Does anyone have them and how have you found them? Are they worth the price tag?

Ta :) x

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    do you mean bodyweight scales - I don't see the point unless you're too lazy to log your weight in MFP .. personally I like doing that bit manually and a cheap digital scale is more than adequate for that

I love my fitbit by the way
    I also link into trendweight.com which gives some great graphs over time
  • beckickles
    Options
    Oh I've not heard of that, that's great, thank you. I just wondered if there was any benefit to having the body fat function etc.

Ta :) x
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    NOOOOOOooooooo

Body fat on scales are absolutely whack - no relation to your actual body fat - tend to be out by up to 8 - 12% so more than meaningless
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Log your food and other exercise (eg non step based) on MFP
    Make sure both MFP and Fitbit have the same settings and timezones
    Enable Negative adjustments on MFP
    And don't forget to wear it

:)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I adore my fitbit but cannot imagine what the scales could possibly do to be worth the price tag, unless it also makes my coffee after I step on it of a morning!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit charge, couldn't recommend it any higher....
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit aria scale and love it. is it worth the expensive price? Ehhhhh. Value is relative. I don't think most people would find a $130 bathroom scale worth it that merely syncs your weights to fitness pal and Fitbit and poops out a useless body fat percentage. I like it because I feel the actual weight itself is pretty accurate and I love that it syncs up. It all just depends on what you want. It's just a luxury. Not something you need at all
  • beckickles
    Options
    Thanks guys. I've ordered the fitbit one this morning, so I'll go from there. Thanks for the advice :) xx
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have the Aria scale. It's very expensive and the body fat % is all over the place. Would I buy it again, probably not. I'm lazy so the wireless sync to fibit.com and MFP is pretty nice.